A Date Gone Wrong. (chapter 9)

a/n: So I had to work this on tuesday, and thursday, and my friend was over wednesday, and yesterday I had to go get college stuff because its my first year. So it took a while to get this done.

That night, I got dressed, did my makeup, put on my shoes, and Steve’s  jacket, and waited at the front door. The butterflies in my stomach were flying around like they were being attacked, and I couldn’t stay still. Almost on the dot, Steve knocked on my door. I counted to 5 before opening it, trying to make it seem like I wasn’t waiting for him, but you know I was. When I opened the door,  I sucked in my breath. ‘Hi, Steve.’ I smiled, the red overtaking my face again. He was dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans, and his normal dress shirt, he had no jacket on, and then I realized that I had it on. I blushed overtop of my blush.

‘Hey, You look great’ He said, the red taking over his cheeks a little aswell, ‘My jacket looks great on you.’ he smiled.

‘Thank you’ I smiled. ‘Ready?’ I said.

‘Ready.’ He smiled, reaching his hand out, offering for me to take it,  and I did. We walked in silence, the sounds of the city filling the air.

‘So Furry said he talked to you..’ He said.

‘He did.’ I replied, looking up at him. ‘What do you think of it all?’

‘I’m not quite sure. I mean, I read the file, but It didn’t tell us why they were trying to access the tesseract.’

‘I know. I don’t understand it either, I mean, I didn’t even know about this going on.’

‘They have too many unknowns for me to trust it all.’ He said, looking down at me, worry in his eyes. ‘You know where we are supposed to meet tomorrow, correct?’

‘Yeah, I had it on my file. If after tonight you wanna go and pack up all your you can come by my house tomorrow around 6 AM, and I can drive us.’

‘Alright’ he smiled. Steve led me into a small restaurant right in the middle of our apartments. I never even noticed it at all, and I’ve lived here for almost a year. Steve, on the other hand hasn’t been here for more than 6 months.

‘how did you find this place?’ I asked.

‘Well, I don’t always have my head in a phone all the time.’ he smiled teasingly.

‘Hey, that phone in my face is my job.’ I said, nudging him a bit.

‘And I am happy that its your job.’ He said, looking down at me. ‘Otherwise I would have never met you.’

‘I think you should know, that the way things are going now, and with you meeting my dad soon, and they want me on the team, so we would have met some time tomorrow.’

‘Thats true.’ He smiled, ‘And if I hadn’t met you yet, the one thing of this… mission was good, then it would have been meeting you.’

‘Awww look how cheesy you are.’ I laughed.

‘Hi,’ A tall blonde came up to us, ‘My name is Mia, for two?’

‘Yes please’ Steve smiled. The first thing I noticed of the girl though, is how she was looking at Steve, I automatically got jealous, I felt my body tense.

‘Here we are,’ Mia smiled, ‘ A set for two. What can I get you to drink?’

‘Can I have red wine?’ I asked as Steve pulled my chair out.

‘A coffee, black, please.’ He smiled as he sat down himself.

‘Alright,’ She smiled at him, completely ignoring me.

I kept my Smile forced as I held the conversation I was having with Steve. When Mia brought us our drinks, she kept her back to me, only making me even more furious at the blonde. When we ordered, she gave me the dirtiest look he could probably do since Steve asked what I wanted by saying, ‘and my lovely date would like..’ after we ordered, she left again, this time with a wink. I bit my tongue, literally. I wanted to go crazy on her. When she left though, Steve look at me with concerned eyes. ‘Are you alright?’ he questioned.

‘Yeah, fine, other than that blonde keeps flirting with my date.’ I snapped, honestly I know it was a Little harsh, but I couldn’t help it. I got jealous easily when it came to Steve and I don’t know why. Never have I ever been like this. But then again, I’m used to boys caring about me being a stark, not that I ever let it get to my head, I mean, thats why I never had a lot of friends, I just didn’t like not knowing if people liked me for me and not my dad. So I stayed away from all of that.

‘Really?’ he said. ‘I didn’t even notice, since I was looking at you.’

‘Well she was.’ I blushed and changed the subject, ‘ So how do you want to  get to the place tomorrow? I looked it up, its a helicopter unit thing. So its probably gonna bring us to wherever we really need to go’

‘I’ll call a cab,’ He smiled, ‘and be at your house.’

‘Alright.’ I smiled. We waited for our food, it not taking long for it to show up, the girl said another flirty thing to Steve. and I guess I snapped. Because the next thing I knew, I was standing up, looking the girl, Mia, in the eyes. ‘If you could please not flirt with him when I am right here, or at all,  that would be great.’ I smiled at her.

‘I don’t know what you are talking about’ She replied.

‘Oh, I think you do.’ I said taking a step closer. ‘so please before anyone regrets what is going to happen, and I mean you, please stop.’

‘You think I am scared of you.’  

‘You should be’ I said.

‘Maria, I think we should go.’ Steve said, placing a couple bills on the table. he grabbed my arm, and pulled me out of the restaurant. ‘What was that?’ he demanded.

‘I- I don’t know, I don’t know what came over me. I just- I don’t know.’  I said, trying to figure out what was going, I guess I am more impulsive than I thought,  more like my dad then I ever believed to be true. In that way at least. ‘I’m sorry.’ I said, guilt overtaking me.

‘Lets just go get some take out.’ He said smiling at me. ‘the food didn’t look that great anyway.’