O n e

Maya's POV
"Hey Lucas.......
Lucas?.........LUCAS!!!!!"

"What!!!" Lucas said from the kitchen making a sandwich."

"Can you bring me the remote, on the side table? I would get it but it's too far away."

The remote was about a few inches away but maya would have had to reach across the bed to get it, and why waste your own energy when you can waste someone else's?

*sigh* "you are the laziest person I know, you know that?"
Lucas said as he sat on the bed and handed the remote to Maya.

"I know, so what do you want to do today Ranger Rick? We could sit in bed all day and watch pretty little liars on Netflix?"

"As much as I would love to sit in bed all day and binge watch with you, I have to go to work. And isn't pretty little liars you and Riley's show?"

"Oh yeah...by the way I gotta call her, what time is it?"

"10:14, Maya? It's Friday.

"Oh shoot! I am suppose to meet Riley at her house in 15 minutes!"

I jumped out of bed and Lucas tossed me a towel.

"Thanks."

"Hey I gotta go"

"Right now? Can't Sergeant Milley wait?"

"I don't think so, and today is the only day I need to train, and then I'm all yours...until I have to go to Afghanistan."

"Ok."
I said with a pouty face.
Lucas lightly kissed me on the forehead and headed out the door.

Buzz-zzz! Riley texted.
Riley: where are you?
Maya: I'm just about to jump in the shower and head over to your house.
Riley: you have 10 minutes or I'm watching pretty little liars without you!
Maya: fine, do you want me to come over smelling like a hobo? Cause I will.
Riley: go take your shower.
Maya: that's what I thought...

When I got out of the shower it was
10:25. 5 minutes to get dressed and brush my teeth. I can do this!

I brushed my teeth and looked at the clock, 10:27. I grabbed a pair of jeans and put on a T-shirt. I was out the door at 10:31.

10:35. "Riley's gonna kill me."