S e v e n t e e n

26 weeks pregnant
Maya's POV
I'm in the third trimester of my pregnancy. It's totally noticeable that I'm pregnant now. Today I have a doctors appointment. Riley has work so I will be going alone.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<
In the doctors office it smelled of hand sanitizer and old lollipops. It was freezing in here too, it's like do you want our babies to freeze to death before their even born? I flipped through a parenthood magazine hoping to find some kind a coupon to some kind of baby store or something, but I bet they all expired already...

"Miss.Hart?"

I looked up from my magazine to see a nice looking lady who wore white sneakers and ocean blue bottoms to match the top.

"Yes?"

"He is ready to see you now."

"Ok."

I got up from my seat and wobbled to the room.

"Miss.Hart! How have you been?" Dr. Braverman said while holding a plastic clipboard with papers of unfilled information on it.

"I'm good." I said with a fake but hopefully believable smile.

"Have you had any morning sickness?"

"Not a lot, but I have thrown up a few times. Not recently but on the first trimester."

"Oh that's good. Boys are much easier to carry than girls." He said with a smile

I started fiddling with my hands and looking around the room while he wrote a few things down.

"Are you ready to do an X-Ray?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." Hopping up from my chair and onto the examining table.

He got this tube of jelly stuff that I remember from last time. It's super cold.

"Would you mind pulling your shirt up a bit?"

I pulled my navy blue v-neck to the top of my belly bracing myself for the cold jell that was going to be put on my stomach.

"Holy guacamole! That's cold!" Trying to lighten the mood

He started spreading it across my stomach with some sort of scanner that looked like a computer mouse.

His facial expression changed.

"Wh-what's wrong?"
I looked at him with nervous eyes and a fast beating heart.

"Um Miss.Hart I will be right back."

He left the room with his clip board and left me with horrified thoughts.
Did i loose the baby? Do I have twins? Does my baby have a disease?

The doctor came back with two other doctors. I was nervous now.

One of them spoke up.
"Miss.Hart I'm Kelly Jacobs, we have found something rare in your child's bones."

My heart dropped.

"There is a chance your child has reticulocytosis. It is a disease where not fully developed red blood cells take over your white blood cells. We may need to do a bone marrow on your child." She explained

"There's a chance? So you don't have a straight answer. He barely has bones developing for you to just take it away for examination! Just because you "think" or there "may be a chance"!?!" I stammered

All the doctors looked at each other with worry.

"Miss.Hart how about you come back next week and if your blood pressure seems to be getting lower than we won't do a bone marrow and that would mean your child will be ok...but you should know this there is a 50-50 chance that your child will have this disease or not." Dr. Braverman explained

I looked at the ground trying to process what the doctor just said.

"I will see you next week Miss.Hart." He said while leaving the room.

I stormed out of the office with so many thoughts going through my mind. What if I loose the baby? What if the baby will be ok? What if they do a bone marrow and the baby isn't ok? What if they don't even do a bone marrow and everything is fine?
I walked out of the elevator seeing the gloomy day ahead of me.

I opened the double doors to pouring rain and hurried to my car. Just as I closed the door I ran my hands through my wet soggy hair and screamed.

I bursted out crying.

"Why are you crying?" I said to myself in the mirror. All I saw was my puffy blue eyes and flush cheeks

"Everything will be ok!" I sobbed with my head on the wheel

I looked up to the mirror one more time before wiping my tears.

"Everything will be ok." I repeated