E i g h t e e n

maya's POV

"Miss.Hart?" I heard from the doorway to the waiting room.

here we go again.

"I could go in with you, if you want." Riley smiled.

I nodded my head and grabbed Riley's hand as we walked to the room. I was so nervous. Even if this baby did have something wrong with it, my love for him wouldn't change.

"Miss.Hart! How are you today?"
Dr.Braverman said trying to lighten the mood.

"Fine. Is there a chance my child could actually die? Or is there just a development problem he could have? I did a little research over the past week and I know there is a 50/50 chance that he could develope...differently. I'm not saying that I would be ok with either of those." I started fiddling with my hands, I should really stop doing that. "I just want to know if my child is going to be ok." I said with a slight smile.

"Aw Maya, you studied!!" Riley smiled enthusiastically clasping her hands together in delight.

"When it comes to my child, I would do anything for him."

"I understand Miss.Hart, the best we can do is hope for the best. We will do a quick blood test and an ultrasound, ok?"

"Ok."

"I'll be right back with the cold gel."He said with a smile.

"Im bracing myself." I smiled

*buzzzz-zzz*

I looked at my phone, it was Farkle. What does he want?

Farkle: hey Maya, I was wondering if you wanted to grab coffee or something this afternoon?

Maya: I'm pregnant, remember? No coffee.

Farkle: how about tea?

Maya: ok, see you at 3.

Farkle: I'll send you the address.

"Your mom?" Riley asked

"Uh yeah." I hated lying to Riley I just don't want her to get suspicious.

"Ok, you ready?" Dr.Braverman said while entering the room.

"Yes." I breathed

I shut my eyes tightly while the gel made its way on my stomach. I opened my eyes slightly to looked at the screen, he's grown so much in the past week.

"I have some good news and bad news. What would you like to hear first?"

"Uh-good news." I said quickly

"The good news is he will live. The bad news is your child has a slight set back in his brain-meaning he might process a little differently."

He held up an x-Ray of my stomach circling the head area of my baby.

"It won't drastically change anything other than processing things a bit slower."

I looked at Riley with relief.

"He's gonna be ok!" Riley said grasping my hand with wide eyes

"I will send a nurse in to do the blood test. Have a good day Miss.Hart." Dr.Bravermen said exiting the room

I felt relieved that I wouldn't have to worry about this anymore. Now all I have to worry about is meeting up with Farkle.

Ugh, why would he want to spend time with me? Well, he did inadvertently call me beautiful. So, it shows he has some interest in me.

"Maya would you mind me waiting outside? When I see blood my arm gets all floppy and I can't walk straight." Riley said flopping her arm in my face

"That's unusual...ok." I said simply

After my blood test I walked to the waiting room to see Riley sitting in a chair reading a magazine.

"You done? Did it hurt? Did you cry? I prayed for you out here." Riley rambled

"Yes, no and do I ever cry?" I answered

"Not in front of me...hey wanna grab smoothies? I think we have to celebrate!" Riley said clapping her hands together.

"I wish Riley, but I gotta meet...my mom at 3." I lied.
I looked at the clock on my phone, it's 2:17. We were standing on the side walk.

"Aw...ok. Want me to drive you to your moms?" Riley asked pulling out her car keys

"Uh no it's ok, we are meeting up somewhere close by, I will walk." I smiled

"Ok, I won't be coming home to your house till...later today.." Riley said suspiciously-which I will deal with later.

"Ok, I know your up to something, Riles. I will figure it out.." I said with a smirk

"Well talk later bye!" Riley said rushing the opposite direction.

I rolled my eyes and looked at my phone for the address to meet Farkle.

As I was walking I was trying to think of what Farkle may want from me. He basically flirted with me at my fiancée's funeral...then he wants to meet for tea? I know Farkle is sweet but I thought he had a crush on Riley...I guess I will figure it out when I see him.