Chapter 4

♡ Chapter 4 ♡

I didn't know what to say to Christopher Prince. Well, obviously not. When had I ever had the opportunity to speak to a celebrity? Throughout my eighteen years in Manhattan, I had never once met a celebrity up close, much less have one speak to me on the phone. 

"Hello?" Chris said uncertainly. 

"Hi." It was awkward talking on the phone. 

"So, how's your day been?"

"Okay," I paused for a second to think through what to say, "I have a math test on Tuesday, and I haven't studied. I'm going to fail, because I don't understand a single thing about it." 

Chris made a clicking noise before laughing lightly. "Me too – well, you know with college and stuff.”

“You mean, modeling?” The words slipped out of my mouth before I even had time to process what I wanted to say.

Silence ensued. Oh great, I ruined it.

Then, a sigh followed shortly after. “You saw the article?”

I nodded. Then realizing that he couldn't see me, I answered with a 'yup'. 

"I honestly didn't know that you were some famous person until my friend told me, though," I hurriedly added. "I don't really follow the fashion news at all."

I swallowed - loudly. Great, I probably ruined my chances with him (if I had any in the first place). He was probably going to run for the hills now. 

"Do you need help with your math?" 

"What?" It came out as a little rude, but I was a little shocked at what he'd said. 

"I could help. I'm a little rusty, but maybe I can help you with it," Chris added after a brief moment. 

"Uh," I was at a loss for words. Out of all the possible scenarios I had imagined in my head, this was definitely not one of them. I was not prepared at all for him to say that. "Aren't you afraid that the paparazzi may catch you again?" 

"Yeah," He admitted, "But we can meet somewhere less crowded." 

"When?" I asked.

"Tomorrow? I can meet you after I'm done, in the late afternoon," Chris said, "Do you have any place, shop or something you want to meet at?" 

"I think I've got just the place." 

 * * *

"Sawyer, please pay attention!" 

The class erupted into laughter as Mr. Moore, our psychology teacher, slammed his hand onto my desk. I jerked forward, and kicked the table as an automatic reflex. 

"I'm so sorry, I won't do it again," I apologised embarrassedly. 

"And, please, don't sit like that! It is a disgrace to the school," He added, gesturing to me. I had slouched down to the point where my back was almost on the seat of my chair. My legs were spread wide open, giving anyone a full view of my underwear. 

I apologized again, and straightened myself up, crossing my legs over each other. Scolding myself for being so distracted, I shook my head a few times and stared at the board. 

"Mr. Moore, Sawyer's blocking my view of the board," Bailey Taylor, a girl that disliked me as much as I disliked her, announced. I resisted the urge to sigh loudly, knowing that I would get into more trouble since Mr. Moore already hated me.