Chapter 18

♡ Chapter 18 ♡

I wish I could say that I got my happy ending after I started officially dating Chris, but it was quite the opposite.

Celia was less than happy when we finally returned to her apartment, laughing loudly and reeking of Korean food. She was even more upset when Callie spotted the bracelet on my wrist and squealed to her that her favourite couple got together at last.

With three or so days to her precious fashion show, she didn't want to take any chances. So, she sent the both of us to the gym to burn off all the fat we ate. Callie decided to tag along as well, claiming that looking at us gave her diabetes and that she needed to burn the sweetness off.

We headed to the gym in her apartment building after changing into appropriate sports clothes.

"We have to do cardio," Chris instructed, hopping onto one treadmill. I did the same, copying him as he adjusted the speed and incline.

I was reminded that I hadn't gone for volleyball training for ages. "I used to be able to run miles before I got tired," It was pretty weird how just weeks ago, I'd had a completely different life. "Volleyball training was such a pain, but I kind of miss my team mates."

"You'll be able to go back to training. After this show," Chris reminded me, a ghost of a smile on his face.

"I know," I smiled back.

We ran in silence for five minutes, before there was an outburst from Callie.

"Chris, are you actually going to just stay two more years for her?" She cried. "I love you and all, Sawyer, but he wanted to get over and done with this business so he could go join our dad. And now, he's stuck here for two more years."

"It's fine," Chris dismissed her with a wave. "What's two more years?"

"You told me you wanted to leave after the spring collection. You said you couldn't take it any more," Callie retorted loudly, her voice reverberating around the gym. "Or do you not remember? How you confronted Mother months ago and told her you were sick of it."

"I..." Chris as at a loss for words.

Callista eyes were on him. "I know you weren't lying when you said all that. You mentioned it every time you were pissed off."

"Things change," Chris scrunched up his face.

"Not that fast," She shook her head. "You've only known Sawyer for a month or so." 

"In some cases, a month is enough." 

Callie's mouth twisted into a frown. "I'm disappointed in you." 

"It's my decision," Chris snapped. "Shut up."

"Gladly," She hopped off the treadmill. After she grabbed her waterbottle and towel, she turned to leave the gym. "It's too late to help you, anyways." 

When she was gone, Chris let out a resigned sigh and continued running. I watched as he repeatedly tapped on the button to increase the speed of the treadmill, until he was practically sprinting. 

"I'm sorry," I said belatedly. It was my fault. 

"It's alright," He waved it off, becoming silent once again. The only sounds in the gym were our footsteps and his panting. 

"Do you..." I struggled to phrase my question properly, "Want me to go talk to her?"

"Just forget about what happened," Chris said. "Callie doesn't usually act like this." 

All the more I had to talk to her. In the short time I'd known them, I'd never seen the Prince siblings fight. I felt like shit for being one of the reasons behind their fight. 

 * * *