Well, "Soc" Does Stand For "Social"

Go figure, it was Monday morning, you had next to no energy, and Eli's car was nowhere to be seen. Your mom was bound to wake up from her drunken sleep any minute, and she was a nightmare with her hangovers, so staying home was no option. You walked about a third of the way to school when you heard an engine rev behind you. A Mustang, to be specific. You felt the Socs in the car watch as you picked up the pace. "Hey sugar, you need a ride to school?" one yelled. Of course you weren't THAT desperate for a ride.

Without looking at them you yelled, "Nah! I've got legs for a reason."

One wolf whistled and another yelled, "They're awful long!" You rolled your eyes, but secretly you were scared. The Socs got whatever they wanted and they obviously had their sights set on a girl named (Y/N). You kept walking, picking up the pace once more. The car sped up.

"I really think you should get in, sweetheart," growled one. You turned around to see two of the four climbing out of the car. You felt your face pale as you backed up with shaking legs.

"Aw lay off, the girl's got a ride right here," said a voice behind you. You turned around, relieved to see a trio of greasers in the car. The one driving was tall with gray eyes and rusty colored hair, including some nice sideburns. You assumed he was the one who spoke. The one in the passenger seat was obviously younger, but he had an alright build as well as long light brown hair and greenish gray eyes. In the back seat was Johnny, blushing bright pink when you caught him looking at you. His cheeks transformed into a bright RED when a small smile crossed your lips.

"Aw, keep driving, grease!" called a Soc. You climbed in next to Johnny.

"You keep driving, khaki boy!" you called. The boy driving burst out laughing.

"I like this kid already!" he said. You grinned and turned to Johnny.

"Good to see you again," you said softly.

"You too," he replied, his face now a full-blown shade of crimson. The younger boy up front stifled a laugh. The driver on the other hand, was not as courteous.

"If you get redder with EVERY word the girl says, you'll pass out 'fore we get to school," he said. This time, the color spread to Johnny's ears. It was slightly irritating to watch him be made fun of this way, even if it was by his friends.

"The girl has a name," you spoke up. The driver stopped for a second to smirk at you.

"And what might it be?" he asked

"(Y/N)," you said with a small smile.

"I'm Ponyboy. That's Two-Bit," said the younger one.

"And of COURSE you already know our Johnnycake!" chirped Two-Bit. Johnny sunk down in his seat.

"Sorry 'bout them," he mumbled.

"It's okay," you said. You guys drove for about five more minutes, dropping Ponyboy off at the middle school in the process, and pulled up to the high school. "God I hate this place," you muttered.

"Who doesn't?" said Johnny.