Take You Down: Chapter Thirty Three

Recap

"So," She says after a few minutes, tottering on her toes, "Um, I'm sorry if I interrupted something..." 

I frown at her, confused as to why she would think so, "No, no of course not!" 

"Right," She nods her head doubtfully, "I was just wondering then, since we're okay now, if you would want to go dress shopping with me today? I figured since Homecoming is in a few days, we might as well."

Surprisingly enough, I really did like the sound of that. Courtney and I hadn't spoken for an entire week and a half, and it felt terrible. It was like there was this social iron curtain drawn between the two of us. Usually, I would've been a little okay, but I didn't have Natalie by my side either so it changed the way I looked at things.

I nod my head, "Yeah, I'd actually like that."

She grins, "Great! I can wait for you to get ready if you want?"

I open the door wider for her to enter, "Sure, I'll be right down."

When she is a distance away from the door, I close it and quickly dart upstairs, ignoring Pablo and Jake's weird stares.

All I know is that homecoming is coming up and I haven't found the perfect dress to kick some Lucas with.

                                    ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

"Courtney, no!" I groan, leaning against the stall of the fitting room, "long dresses are for prom and formals. This is just homecoming."

"Seriously?" She replies, dropping the hangers as they hang by her side now, "but it's cute."

Sure enough it is. With it's blood red satin developing into tiny circles of diamonds, to say it's 'cute' is an understatement. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind wearing a dress that gorgeous, it's the fact that I don't want to ruin it when I face Lucas. I had it in mind to wear a dress that would let me walk around comfortably, safe to say that if I decided to use combat, I'd be fine.

The last part however, is something I haven't told Courtney yet.

"Yeah it is," I agree staring at it longingly, "But I can't."

I give her pointed look as she tries to raise the dress up again, and slide around her to see the rest of the display dresses for myself, deciding that I could speed this whole thing up a bit. I had promised Jake I'd be back soon, considering the fact that I really wasn't sure if Pablo would give him the right medication for his recovering head.

As I spot the above knee dresses standing untouched in one corner, Courtney sighs and clicks her feet after me.

"I know you said it's too long for homecoming, but c'mon," She prods, jumping in front of me, "Look at this!"

"You seem to love this dress, Court," I attempt to change the subject to her, "Why don't you wear it to homecoming?"

She rolls her eyes, "Uh, because this dress is literally made for you."

I chuckle and start to browse through the hangers at eyelevel, "Does it say 'made for Madison' on it?"

"No but-"

"I didn't think so," I cut her off with a small smile, "Which is why I think you have every right to wear it."

She remains for a few moments and I take that opportunity to circle around the rack. Just as I do so, I spot a single white dress in the midst of bright colors. Immediately, I grab it and turn it in circles to admire it.