Take You Down: Chapter Thirty Seven

• Dedicated to To all my patient and lovely minions!

I'm in love with Pablo Remires. 

'Nuff Said. 

Can I get comments and votes?

Let me know in the comments section what you think of Pablo? (; 

VOMMENT!

xxSummerxx

                                             ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ 

                                                   Recap      

        "Courtney!" I cry, rushing towards her with a huge sigh of relief. 

I slam her into me, not even caring that I could have knocked the wind out of her or myself, and close my eyes. A flood of relief washes over me, but just as quickly as it comes, it leaves when I see that she is still seething. 

I pull back and stare at her with wide eyes, waiting for her to talk. 

"Lucas came in here, he-he came into this bathroom." She sputtered, her face turning red with rage. 

"Did he hurt you? Are you okay?" I spit out as fast as I can while I scan her for injuries. 

"No, I'm fine. He just wanted to "talk"," She said the last part with air quotes. 

"What did he say?" I ask reluctantly, knowing I would regret asking as the answer would case nightmeres. 

She clenches her fist and says, "He said, 'this is how easy it is to get to one of you. I'm always one step ahead of you.'" 

I shake my head, determined to humor myself and stay strong. I force a smirk onto my lips and lean in. 

"Well there's something that he doesn't know but we do." I snarl, thinking of how egotistical he is. 

I can almost smell those cuffs on his arms right now. 

"I'm so fucking ready for tomorrow, Madison Lockey." She vows, her jaw locking in determination, "He won't even know what's hit him." 

                                        ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ 

                                 Chapter Thirty Seven

            “Are you sure we’ve got a handle of this?” Makayla asks me, knitting her eyebrows in concern and relentless worry, “—because we could just ditch after all and—“ 

            “No,” I say firmly, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder, “We’ve got the upperhand here. After tonight, this will all be over.” 

            With the amount of confidence I managed to grind out, I almost convinced myself. Truth is, however, I tried for hours—anxious in my bed last night—to persuade my thinking. It has been said that the more you say something, the faster you begin to believe in it. 

I’ve also heard cold feet is a believable symptom most brides get moments before weddings. Whether there are days, hours, or minutes before the vows, it’s earth shattering and petrifying. 

             Although I’ve never experienced something like that myself, I’m starting to believe cold feet applies to make or break situations as well. This feeling, a turmoil of fear, bitter resentment, and regret, combined with anger, determination, and strength, doesn’t settle well in my gut. 

            Everything feels out of place—thinking of tonight, the weight of Lucas that could either be lifted off my shoulders or plummeted a million times harder.