Take You Down: Chapter Fourteen

"Pabloo!" The screechy voice belonging to Megan wailed from a couple feet away. We were just about to leave the party--and I was more than willing--but she just had to call out to her knight in shining armor.

We both turned around to face her, since his arms were around my shoulder, dragging me wherever he went.

"You're with her?" Megan asked incredulously.

The tone in her voice made me want to go for a punch

Yeah I'm with him. What's it to you? Can't stick your tongue down his throat when I'm around?

I felt Pablo's grip on my shoulders tighten, almost threatening me to move, when he probably felt my body tense up at the way she mentioned my presence

"Yeah she's my ride." He trailed off, leaving everything short and simple.

Excuse me? Oh, no worries, I'm just his ride.

I stepped away from his tight grip and masked on an innocent look. My eyes bulging and my lips extended slightly. "Oh, no, that's okay. I'll just leave you two to it, and you can just ask her for a ride home." I suggested sweetly, with a slight sarcastic tone.

Pablo turned towards me with narrowed eyes and was about to speak when Megan stole his spotlight and filled the silence with an excited squeal. Apparently she missed the entire sarcastic play I put on for her.

"Oh!" She said excitedly, "See, she's fine with it! I can drop you off when we're done." Her fingers were lacing up into his hair at her last words.

I held back the urge to gag in front of them.

Pablo however, stepped away from her caressing and turned back to me with those same scrutinizing eyes. " Well, I have some YAS papers to sort out with Madison and her family tonight, so I think it's just best if I go."

I rolled my eyes at his sad excuse. Really? Still using that same old line?

"Oh, that's okay, we can always do that tomorrow, Pablo." I pressed, continuing to play along.

"But, I promised him." Pablo threw out quite forcefully, trying to keep his sweet tone.

I opened my mouth to reassure him again that it was okay, but he quickly cut me off with an icy glare only meant for me. I clamped my mouth shut but glowered back with just as much venom.

"Aww." Megan prooned. "Okay, another time, sugarbabe."

Pablo flashed her a sweet smile while turning around with me to leave the party. This time, I didn't hold back a gag at her reference to 'sugarbabe'. We walked in silence to my car, mainly because I could feel Pablo's fists clenching behind my back. I figured it would be best not to push it this time around.

I climbed into the drivers seat with him in the passengers and shoved the key quite angrily to start the car. I was stunned at my anger. I hadn't expected myself to take it so personally. I backed out of the driveway and silently fumed while the car drove on.

"What the hell is your problem?" Pablo demanded five minutes into the dreadful ride.

I kept my eyes on the road, trying to use it as an excuse to side track my thoughts. Ignoring him was impossible to do when he was staring at you.

"Oi, don't ignore me." He pressed, his voice getting more frustrated. "Is this about that guy you were dancing with?"

"What? No!" I snapped, furious he would think that. Jeez, I was PMS-ing. "I'm thankful for that."