Chapter 8: He Drags Me Head First, Fearless

“It’s not an engagement ring; it’s just a promise ring I guess…” Hayden said looking at his feet.

“You have to be kidding me….” I had been looking at this ring in Tiffany’s for weeks; it was gorgeous, with diamonds arranged in the shape of a flower with smaller ones around the edges.

“What?! You don’t like it. I can take it back. I know it’s big. I’m sorry. I’ll get you something different,” Hayden rambled. And I kissed him, silencing his voice.

“It’s gorgeous and I love it, but you have to take it back,” I told him.

“Why?” he looked puzzled.

“It’s way too expensive!” I told him.

“It’s not like I used my money, technically my parents paid for it, and you know that they can afford it,” he told me, taking the box from my hands and slipping the ring on my right hand. It was a perfect fit.

“Hayden,” I felt my eyes tear up.

“Please, please don’t cry. I swear I’m not trying to get you back by giving you expensive gifts. I know that things aren’t gonna get better right away but I love you, so much. And I want to fix this. I want to fix us,” he whispered to me.

I knew I loved him, but I had completely forgotten about my original agenda; make him pay for what he did to me. And that’s exactly what I’m going to do, if I could get over my feelings for him first.

As I stood there kissing him, tears began rolling down my cheeks; not because of the gift he gave me, or even because he cheated on me. It was the fact that I was going to have to break his heart, and doing that meant breaking my own in the process.

“I have to go to bed, I’ll see you tomorrow?” I asked him.

“Yeah, goodnight Abs,” he kissed me and walked out the front door.

I walked up to my room, put on my favorite pajama bottoms and one of Hayden’s T-shirts. I sobbed myself to sleep looking at the ring on my finger.

“ABIGAIL! WAKE UP YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE! And while you’re at it, switch that ring to your right hand. We don’t want people thinking you are engaged,” Ava yelled at me ripping the covers off my bed, “Get your little ass in the shower, now. We can’t be late!” she was fervently typing into her little blackberry, “I’ll leave your clothes on your bed. NOW GET UP!” she was livid with me, I was going to catch some crap for sleeping in.

Quickly I jumped out of bed and walked to my bathroom.

“SOMEONE GET HER SOME COFFEE!” Ava yelled as I closed the bathroom door.

I slid off the monstrosity of a ring and placed it on the large counter next to the sink. Stepping into the shower the warm water soothed me; unknotting the muscles in my back, but not the ones in my stomach. The interview was going to be fine, but I had finally come up with a plan to get back at Hayden and it was killing me.

Getting out of the shower I wrapped a towel around my body and in my hair, and walked out of my bathroom. The smell of coffee hit me like heaven.

“THANK YOU LORD!” I yelled to the sky walking to my make-up table where a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee was sitting along with a note slid underneath it.

I love you-Hayden

I crumpled up the note; it was the only thing I could do to keep the tears in.

Focus Abby, get dressed, I told myself walking to my bed and putting on the outfit Ava had laid out for me.

A purple top and a high-waisted black skirt, black Prada pumps, a gold Chanel cuff bracelet and pearl earrings.

“Are you ready yet?!” Ava yelled from outside the door.

“Yeah, I’m ready,” grabbing my white and black Chanel purse I walked out of my room and began to set my plan in motion. 

HI EVERYONE :3 2ND UPLOAD OF THE WEEKEND, BE READY FOR MORE DARLINGS. leave comments about dedications you lovely lovely people. :3