Chapter 5: Keep Me Safe Inside, Your Arms Like Towers, Tower Over Me

Not even a week later, I had become one of the most famous teenagers in the world. Somehow videos of me singing were leaked onto YouTube, which only boosted my popularity. My life practically turned into a fairytale. I found out I got the part the same day as I auditioned, I was able to kiss Channing Tatum (even if it was just for a movie), my life was amazing; and to top it all off tonight was my first red carpet event. Here I was, sitting in my bedroom with about 15 people rushing around me to get me ready for tonight. The red carpet event was for George Clooney's newest movie.

"Abigail!" Ava waved her hand in front of my face.

"What?" I asked her, bulling myself out of the trance.

"It's time for you to put on your dress," she told me. I stood up from the chair in my short baby blue bathrobe and felt my long hair sway against my back, everyone cleared out of the room. I picked up the gorgeous dress off my bed, and took off the robe, replacing it with the dress.  

Walking over to the mirror I saw what they had done to me.

"Whoa," I whispered looking at my reflection. They made me look perfect. My long blonde hair was left wavy, hanging done my back, and the dress Ava and I had bought earlier hugged my curves perfectly. It was deep purple on the top, strapless; and the bottom was black with a hint of purple in it. It stopped just above my knee. I looked like I was meant to be on the red carpet, like I was meant to be famous.

What am I wearing for shoes though? "Hey Ava?" I said running to the door. I opened the door and anyone but Ava was standing there.

"You're not Ava," I whispered.

"Don't be mad at me Abby," Hayden whispered.

I pushed past him and walked downstairs, "AVA!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"What's wrong Abby?" she answered, frazzled.

"What is he doing here?!" I demanded, putting a hand on my hip.

"You needed a date," she answered simply.

"No I don't," I told her stubbornly.

"It's New Year's Eve, everyone has a date," she informed me.

"But-but," I stumbled over my words, which never happens.

"Now go put your shoes on, the limos here," I walked up stairs and heard Hayden following me. Walking into my room I went straight for my closet.

"Why haven't you returned mine or Charlotte's calls?" he questioned me. The fact that he talked to Charlotte hurt me more than it should.

"I got a new number," I answered simply, almost smiling, remembering the day that I smashed my phone.

"Can I have it?" he asked me as I grabbed a pair of black heels from my closet and slid them on.

 "No," I told him, standing up straight and grabbing my clutch purse and phone off my bed.

"Abs," he pleaded wrapping an arm around my waist. Even in heels I was shorter than him.

"Please, let me go," I whispered unconvincingly. Obviously, he did the opposite, pulling me tightly to him and kissing me. I was weak in his arms. Practically putty. I tried to push him away but he wouldn't let me out of his arms. We just stood there, bodies pressed tightly together, watching the other one.  

"You rubbed off all my lip gloss," I whispered, easing out of his arms and grabbing the tube to re-apply.

"Sorry," he said shoving his hands in his pockets and looking down. 

"We have to go," I told him, walking downstairs.

"Are you ready darling?" Ava asked me, looking nervous.

"Yup," I told her, trying to forget what had just happened. We walked out to the limo in awkward silence. The car ride was even worse, Ava kept glancing between us, and my dad sat their oblivious.

"Ava, how is it fair that Dad doesn't have a date?" I ordered.

"Because, the people know him, he has an image. You don't. Well you do, except we don't want people to remember you as the drunk, naked girl." She told me.

"Thanks so much for sparing my feelings," I told her. I heard Hayden snicker sitting next to me, so I jammed my elbow into his stomach.

"Abigail!" my father looked appalled.

"What? Aren't you supposed to be on my side? He's the one who broke my heart," I told my father. The car became dead silent.

"Okay Hayden, you'll be getting out of the car first so you can help Abigail out, then Jon will be getting out, and I will meet you all inside. Okay?" Ava told us.

We all sat there and nodded. I started to get nervous, so like every other time when I was nervous, I began biting my nails. Until a hand gently pushed mine down onto my lap.

"It's going to be fine, I promise," he whispered into my hair, kissing the top of my head. My breathing hitched. Why? Why does he have the ability to make me swoon, even when I mad?

"We're here. Abby, this is your time to shine," Ava smiled at me.

And then the door to the limo, revealing a white blinding light of cameras and photographers.

please vote and coment, i love when you guys do (: xoxoxo-bridget