0.1

It was a small set that brought limited amounts of people in front of Josh and Tyler that night; they both could see the diverse faces from the audience. The brunette played his piano skillfully as Josh looked around the small crowd in a habitual trance bringing down the sticks in his hands loudly against the drums that surrounded him.

Black, white, girls, boys, young and old- all vastly different persons had one single thing in common: they're love for the alternative band's music. The virtuous duo knew this and found great pride that they could touch the lives of so many different people through song.

Regardless of the fact that the audience hovered roughly between thirty through forty people, Josh and Tyler found themselves so thrilled to be playing a small show it was almost electric. The listeners knew this from the way the tallest boy held their hands tightly as he sang and keep reminding them that he loved everyone in the room deeply and endlessly.

It was time for one of the most memorable moments of any Twenty One Pilots concert: Lane Boy. This single was one of the most vivid memories in people minds because of what it entails. Two people in hazmat suits stand beside Tyler as the lead singer kneels down and starts to shamefully whisper - questioning himself, his sanity, and purpose. The crowd, undoubtedly and without hesitation, follows their leader.

That's when the drummer noticed something.

"Why do I submit to these concepts?"

However, a single soul differentiated out among everyone in the crowd. A pale blonde stood straight in between the crowd of people that tried to keep themselves a low as possible.

"Tempted by control."

Was she deaf? Was she blind? Josh asked himself as he watched her stand there as if she were trying to prove something.

"Controlled by temptation."

Did she not understand?

"'Stay low,' they say."

"Get low!" The drummer let him voice cut through the wall of sound at an attempt to snap the girl out of her trance.

"'Stay low.'"

But she never went down.

With the booming of Tyler's last whispers, the speakers blow out tremendous waves of vibration, bass, and emotion. The floor shook from the loud sound and dancing feet that jumped excitedly for the music.
It was so unlike anyone from the skeleton clique to seem so disappointed  whenever they witnessed the band play live. So he kept his eyes on her throughout the night. Not because she was beautiful or particularly interesting, although she was, but because she stood shyly in the front row and didn't sing along to any of their songs. It was intensely distinguishable, honestly, with the way in which every life surrounding her jerked, danced, and sprung to life as Tyler's poetic words and the vibration of Josh's drums stimulated, fueled their excitement. He couldn't say why he never noticed before.

A moment came around to whenever Tyler would call for the audience's attention asking, 'Who is happy to be alive tonight!?' everyone would cheer and raise their hands in agreement. Except, Josh noticed, for that single person. He saw as someone from beside the petite girl, a taller auburn-haired fan with black hands, grabbed the timid girl's arm and pulled it up for her, almost lifting her off the ground.