Chapter 3

Charollotte's POV

I knew Puck was doing his very best to behave, but I was still on edge with him here. Any moment his head could end up on an ice platter in Oberon's lap.

As Mab conferred with a subject on the matter of yet another red cap-related issue, I turned to Puck.

"Thank you for behaving yourself." I said quietly.

"Of course, Princess. I wasn't raised in a barn, you know," he chuckled. I rolled my eyes, and brushed my long, dark cumbersome hair out of my eyes. It was cut in what the mortals called "an emo style". I had to beg Mab for almost a month to allow it.

"So Princess, what do you do for fun around here?" the red haired boy grinned.

I simply chuckled darkly. "What? This isn't absolutely thrilling to you?" I retorted bitterly.

"Princess, the only time I go to my own court's meetings is when I'm being summoned because Oberon finally caught me." he laughed, and I rolled my eyes.

"Figures...." I sigh, and notice the entire court is staring at Puck and I. I send them all a cold regal glare, which I had been practicing for as long as I can remember. Most of them looked away, and others just made their staring more subtle.

"Wow, tough crowd." Puck commented.

~~~

At dinner, Puck managed to behave himself to earn Mab's invitation to join us for the meal. So at the long table, Mab sat at the head, Puck to her left, and myself across from him to her right.

We ate quietly, as usual, but Puck was misbehaving. Unnoticed by Mab, the summer faery would send small enchanted critters made of twigs and such across to me under the table.

Some would tickle my ankles, others attempted to climb up my skirts. All were quietly stomped down. And Puck somehow kept a completely straight face the entire time.

Once I managed to finish an acceptable portion of my meal, I quietly excused myself from the table, shooting a look at Puck.

I made my way to my bed chamber, where I collected my thick velvet cloak, and made my way outside into one of Mab's many gardens.

On the far side of this specific garden though, was a tiny portion, where I had my own garden bed. A tiny greenhouse was built there, it's dimensions no larger than a foot every way.

Inside was my treasure: a small rose bush, enchanted with summer magic to keep it alive.

It had been a gift from Oberon and Titiana at my crowning ceremony.

Unfortunately the summer magic was wearing off, dying due to being surrounded by so much harsh winter magic. I sighed, and caressed the silk petals. There was nothing I could do for it.

A/N: Hey guys sorry I'm updating so slow and so late. Its the only time I can/ have the motivation. Love you guys! Vote/Comment please!