Chapter 11

A/N: Okay can I just say, 1.3 THOUSAND READS!?!? HOLY CRAP!! You guys are amazing. I'm sorry that I never update! I'm trying!!

~Chorollotte's POV~

I knew teasing Puck was not the smartest idea when I was kind of trying to take things slow. But he just drove me insane. The way he spoke, the way he acted, the way he moved. Everything made me want him. The entire night, I felt his eyes on the back of my head, as if Puck was trying to will me into his embrace.

But I couldn't. Not after how Meghan hurt him. Jumping into this could be bad for both of us. So I laid sleepless beside Puck, his gaze burning into my flesh.

§§§

The next morning, I woke up in Puck's arms. I had somehow fallen asleep in the night, and rolled into his arms. The look of surprise on my face was mirrored by Puck's. A hot blush burned my cheeks as I tried to roll away. But he held me still, staring into my eyes.

"Princess, your eyes... you- there's no way that you are a winter faery. You're- you're a winter faery. The colors in your irises. No winter fae have ever had eyes that color."

"Puck, that's impossible, I-"

"You wouldn't be the first," Puck said quietly, eyes downcast.

"What- what do you mean?" I asked, forcing him to look up at me.

"Mab... she often stole infants from their homes, human and faery alike. She usually only keeps them as servants, but I suppose after losing three sons in such a short time, Mab was desperate for an heir," Puck said, glancing up into my eyes. "And your eyes, they're dark brown, with the hazel around your pupil... haven't you noticed that the entire Unseelie court has grey or blue eyes?"

I had, in fact noticed. It was a constant reminder of the fact that I was different. That I didn't belong. "Yeah... I just tried to ignore it... not let it be a weakness. You know how they cruel they can be there...."

"I do, but you'll never have to worry about it again," Puck said, biting his lip and tucking some of my hair behind my ear. As his face neared my own, I closed my eyes and allowed myself to be drawn into Puck's intoxicating kiss.