Chapter 9

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I am a horrible person! But here you go!

Charollotte's POV

I couldn't believe what we had done. I was no better than a common whore. The first person I find who cares for me, and then I basically jump them the first chance I get! I was so relieved when Puck pulled away. It was a let down, but its better than losing my virginity in a dressing room.

We were currently sitting in a small cafe, Puck staring out the window, drinking a cup of hot chocolate, while I sipped on a styrofoam cup of hot tea.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked quietly, my gaze on the uncharacteristically quiet faery boy.

"Oh, nothing. Just- irony, I guess." Puck sighed, and ran a hand down his face.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. Puck inhaled deeply, and exhaled in a large sigh.

"Well, at one point, I helped a mortal girl go into the Faery world, which was completely against the rules. Now I have helped a faery girl go into the mortal world, which is also completely against the rules." Puck took a long drink from his hot chocolate. "And that first girl left me to be with 'Prince Charming'." he air quoted the last bit. "Now, I can't help but fancy the idea that you will abandon me for your own little Prince Charming, probably a mortal boy, due to the irony of my existence." Puck finished, never looking at me.

It hurt to see the normally audacious and flippant faery so melancholy. "Puck-"

"No, its okay, Princess. Don't tell me it won't happen. Don't make a promise that you can't keep." Puck hung his head.

I reached across the table, to grab Puck's hand. When he tried to pull away, I simply held on tighter. "Listen to me Puck. I know I'm not Meghan, nor will I ever be. So I know I can't make you stop having all of these feelings for her." I held up my hand to stop his objections. "But, since I am not Meghan, I won't make the same stupid decisions that she did. The ones that left you at the finish line while she and Ash ride off into the sunset. I know this is going to hurt, for both of us but I am here now, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon."

The expression on Puck's face was pure awe. He looked as though he could take on the world or break down and weep. "Charollotte... I told you-"

"Not to make any promises. I'm not promising. I'm telling you that I am going to do my damnedest to avoid making any if the same mistakes that Meghan did." I said quietly.

"Charollotte, you're so amazing. I'm so glad I found you before the ice had a chance to freeze your heart."

"So am I." I whispered quietly.