The boilng point

Nicole's Pov
The clock on the wall in the condo that I shared with my boyfriend of two years, seems to haunt me as the seconds persistently tick. I have been waiting for him to get home from work.He gets off around 5:45, it's now 7:50.

Normally I don't really care about the small things like this because he treats me like a queen. But I would at least have called and said "hey babe I'm going to be late" or is just me. But I know he not cheating or anything because he literally has no time for it.
He Is the textbook example of a workaholic. He eats, breathes and lives his job. He runs an agency that covers all different types of people whether it be basketball players, baseball players any type of sport, you name it he can offer it.
I mean I have a job too I work for a publishing company.I work from the comfort of my own home but never the less the work is demanding but I know when to turn it off and be a normal person.

Other than that he's an amazing boyfriend and best friend.

He's the perfect combination of everything. He's smart and funny, kind but not weak. When it came to the bedroom he was a fierce lover who always aimed to please. He was dominant and-and loved to be in control, which I had no problem with. He pleases me so well, he is a selfless love and always make sure to take care of my needs before his own and is very reluctant when I try to return the favor. That's the kind of guy he is.
Just thinking about all of the passionate times we had where our bodies just get taken over by the heat of the moment starts to get me a little tingly all over. But just as my thoughts were about to take me completely over I am interrupted by the rattling of the front door in the apartment.

I quickly pretended to be reading a magazine that's was lying on the coffee table.

Just as the door opened, I looked up from the magazine to make eye contact with him. And fortunately, it wasn't returned given that his full attention was on his stupid phone. Obviously talking to one of his clients.

"No...no 10 am on Friday is Great just have your assistant getting contact with my assistant and will set it up". Damon uttered into the phone.

Still not noticing me he continues his conversation.
"All right sounds good I'll call you if there are any more updates."

With that, he Hangs up the phone and finally looks up and notices me. Instantly a smile was brought to his face instead of a stressed expression.
"Hey, babe," he said beaming who is 100 Watt smile at me, unbothered by the scowl that was married to my face.

He comes closer to bends down attempting to kiss me on the cheek.

Any other time I would've turned my head so I could meet his lips with my own and deep in the kiss, but at this moment in time, I'm a little bit too mad to be phased by his charm.

"don't hey baby me," I said mockingly "Do you know what time it is" I snapped at him.

He looks down at his Rolex that I got him for his birthday. He looks kind of lost " it's only 8 o'clock, what's the problem" confusion clearly evident his voice.

"I told you that we had reservations tonight, but it was supposed to be our date night tonight" I State clearly upset because I have put a lot of time into this.

"Holy shit I totally forgot about that" Damon said obviously remembering our prior agreement.

"You know what I should've known that you weren't really listening to me, you had your damn phone in your hand". I say getting up from my spot on the couch and walking away in the direction of the kitchen to get something to drink.

"Baby I'm so sorry you know I didn't mean to forget, I just got so caught up in work I had to stay later" he says pleading with his eyes for me to forgive him.

"You never have any damn time for me. Who has to make an appointment with their boyfriend, like seriously" I semi scream at him.

"Nikki please don't start with that" he breaths out in one long breath.
"Don't start WHAT, the fact that you're never home, and when you are at home you're always on your damn phone or computer. The only time you really pay attention to me is when I demand it from you". By now I'm screaming at him.

"What do you want me to say, Nicole, that I'm sorry. Well, I'm not going to because I'm providing for you. This job makes me able to shower you with all of the things you deserve". He shoots back

"And how many times did I tell you that, that kind of things doesn't matter to me. I have a job I can buy myself things". I plead with him

"I don't want to do this right now so please, I just want so peace and quiet". Damon said with a breath of finality.

"You want peace and quiet, fine you got it". I said alarmingly calm while walking out of the room.
"You know that's not what I meant or what I want" Damon shouted trailing hot on my heels

I continued to the bedroom and slammed the door right in his face.

Votes and comments are greatly appreciated. I am a first-time writer and your opinions would really help me in the future. ~Sydney