Chapter Two

It's been nine months since I came to Central City. Barry was still in his coma and I was starting to believe maybe he wouldn't wake up. Harrison, of course, constantly encouraged me not to give up hope. Honestly, he was the only thing still keeping me sane. We've been together for about four months now and I'm the happiest I've ever been.

I was sitting in the room with Barry, silently begging him to wake up. Harrison came in, kissed my cheek lightly and said, "he's gonna be fine. He's gonna wake up. You don't need to be by his side 24/7. Caitlin is taking good care of him."

I sighed. "I know, but I just want to be here when he wakes up."

"Okay," he said softly. He kissed my forehead and said before leaving, "I'll be in the lab if you need anything."

I sat there fir a while longer and just when I was about to get up and leave for the day, I saw Barry move ever so slightly. I sat back down and watched him, waiting for him to show any sign of waking up. For a couple of minutes it seemed like he wasn't going to wake up, but he suddenly shot up and started pulling out the IVs and other things that Caitlin had attached to him, causing a loud, annoying beeping noise. Caitlin rushed in trying to convince Barry to stay put.

"Barry, she's right. You need to rest," I said.

"Apparently, I've had nine months of rest," he said before practically running out. I knew where he was headed. He was going to see Iris, so I figured I had nothing to worry about.

I walked back out into the lab and when Harry saw me he said, "was that?"

I nodded. "Barry's awake," I said.

He pulled me down onto his lap and said, "That's great! I told you he'd wake up soon." I kissed him just as Cisco walked in.

"Get a room, you two!" he joked.

-

We were at the speed way that Cisco set up to figure out just how fast Barry can run.

"You don't really believe he can run that fast do you?" I asked Harry.

"Well, I believe anything is possible, and in a few minutes, maybe you will too," he replied.

Barry came out in a ridiculous red racing suit. I stifled a laugh and he glared at me in a not so menacing way.

"How does it fit?" Cisco asked Barry.

Barry stretched the material a little bit and let it snap back into place before saying, "it's a little snug."

Cisco laughed. "At least you'll be moving so fast no one will see you. See, you thought the world was slowing down, it wasn't. You were moving so fast, it only looked like everyone else was standing still. Doctor Wells will be monitoring your energy output, and Caitlin your vitals."

"What do you do?" Barry asked him.

"I make the toys, man. Check it. This is a two way headset with a camera I modified. Typically designed to combat battlefield impulse noise, or in your case, potential sonic booms. Which would be awesome."

Caitlin walked over. Barry stared at her for a bit.

"What?" she asked.

"Nothing. I just noticed you don't smile too much."

"My once promising career in bio-engineering is over. My boss is in a wheelchair for life. The explosion that put you in a coma also killed my fiance. So this blank expression kind of feels like the right way to go."

Harrison ignored their exchange and said to Barry, "Mister Allen, while I am extremely eager to determine your full range of abilities, I do caution restraint."