Chapter Fifteen

It was around 7PM and I was sitting on Barry's bed, helping him choose an outfit for a date. I was proud of him for finally making an attempt to get over Iris, although, I was rather annoyed with him at the moment.

"So how long has it been since you've gone on an actual date?" I asked when he came out of his closet wearing a white button up shirt with a hideous grey vest.

"It hasn't been that long," he defended, looking in the mirror.

I walked towards his closet and picked out a dark grey blazer and handed it to him. "Here, wear this. That vest is grotesque."

"It's not that bad," he said, taking the blazer from me.

"Not that bad?" I repeated incredulously. "If I ever saw Harry wearing that vest I'd burn it."

He, of course, had used his speed to change, even though it was such a simple task. "Should I wear a tie? I feel like I should wear a tie."

I stepped back to look at him at a better angle. "If it were anyone else, I'd be against it but you, on the other hand, could most definitely pull it off." I looked through his ties and landed on a navy colored tie before throwing it carelessly in his direction.

"Hey, watch it," he whined.

I laughed. "Have fun," I said, sending him a wink before leaving. Of course, he ended up beating me to the door because of his damn speed. He stood, leaning on the door frame with a smirk on his face. "Keep that up and I'll have to start calling you Sonic."

"As in the hedgehog?" he asked, obviously confused.

"Yes."

"Why?" he asked as he followed me out the door like a normal human being.

"You're fast. He's fast. Why not?"

"I'm pretty sure I'm faster," he bragged.

"No, shit, Sherlock."

"Geez, why are you in such a bad mood? Are you by any chance-?"

"I would advise you not to finish that sentence unless you're gonna buy me a huge amount of sugar." Naturally, he wasn't wrong. It was my time of the month. Barry could always tell because I'd always be slightly crankier and sarcastic than my normal self.

After I'd left Barry's, I picked up the biggest burger I could possibly find along with a large Dr. Pepper and extra large fries with a side of chicken nuggets. I always had a strange craving for food with lots of grease in it when I suffered from Satan's waterfall. It helped dull the cramps.

When I'd opened the front door, Harry was waiting for me on the couch. "Hey, why aren't you at S.T.A.R. Labs?" I asked.

"Cisco can manage on his own. I figured I'd come home and spend some time with you."

I set my food down on the coffee table. "Sorry, if I knew you were home I would have brought you some, too."

"I already ate," he said. "Besides, I'm sure you bought more than enough for the both of us. There's no way you could finish that all on your own."

"That's cute. After all this time, you still doubt me."

He rolled his eyes. "Alright fine, let's see you finish all of that on your own before the movie ends."

"What movie?"

He held up a DVD in his hand.

"We can't just watch one," I said.

He laughed. "You know, I was hoping you'd say that." He gestured to the rest of the Harry Potter movies sitting on top of the DVD player. "We're gonna marathon as much as we can before falling asleep and not think about the consequences until the next morning."