Chapter Thirteen

"Guys, which way?" Barry asked through the communicator in his suit as he chased after someone. He was heading towards an upcoming intersection.

"Left," Cisco said at the same time that Caitlin said, "right." They looked at each other in panic. "Right," Cisco said at the same time that Caitlin said, "left."

"Stop!" Barry yelled at both of them. "You both hear you're telling me two different things, right?" Harry came over just then, ignoring the two who were spouting nonsense at Barry.

"Barry, listen up. Listen carefully. Here is what you're going to do. Now, the Queen is trying to make it to the bridge, but I have a shortcut wait for it," he was giving Barry directions now, "and left... left... right..."

"I see her!" Barry exclaimed.

"Make her go west before Fremont," Harry told him.

"Okay, how?" Barry asked.

"I'd recommend a detour. Now, the King is headed for the entrance to the interstate."

"What entrance?" Barry asked.

I wasn't entirely sure what the goal of this little mission was. I was a little distracted by the first print edition of IT that I just bought. Their entire conversation was just sort of background noise that I could not block out because they were being rather loud.

"Atta boy," Harry said when Barry got back.

"Check..." Cisco started.

"I got the keys," Barry said.

"Mate," Cisco finished. "Give me some!" Cisco said, holding his hand up. Cisco and Barry slapped hands. "Yeah!" Cisco cheered.

"Efficiently done, Mister Allen," Harry said.

"We need a picture," Cisco said.

I stood up and closed my book. "Pretty sure rule number one of having a secret identity is not taking pictures of yourself in your super suit without a mask on," I said to Barry.

"Oh, come on, please!" Cisco pleaded. "This is just for us. This is to document all this. Who knows? Maybe people in the future will want to know how all this happened."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Do what you want."

"All right, well, if you want the future to have the whole story, then, we all need to be in it," Barry said.

"First let me put on some makeup?" Caitlin asked.

"The future does not care about your makeup," Cisco said to her.

I stood in between Barry and Harry.

"Okay. Big smiles," Cisco said as he held his phone out his phone in front of us. "Three... two... one."

"Does that count as a selfie?" Barry asked.

"Absolutely," Cisco answered. He looked at his phone. "Sick. Came out good."

Barry approached Harry. "Thanks for talking me through things out there," Barry said.

"My pleasure," Harry replied. "Well done."

"I have to say, it was a bit of a rush feeling, like a.." Barry tried to explain.

"Hero?" I finished.

He nodded. "Yeah."

I patted him on the shoulder and smiled. "You're pretty good at it."

"Thanks," he said, smiling back at me.