Chapter Twelve

Harry and I went home after the Christmas party. We pulled up to our driveway and he quickly got out of the car and rounded over to my side where he opened my door for me. He helped me out and then he picked me up bridal style.

I giggled like a schoolgirl. "Harry, I can walk on my own."

"You, Julia Queen, are my queen and you shall be treated as such."

"When did you become so cheesy?" I questioned.

He frowned at me. "Just let me do something nice, just this once."

"Harry, you do nice things for me all the time," I pointed out.

He struggled to find the right key to open the front door. I happened to still have my keys in my hand, since I was the one who drove. Easily, I found the key and handed it to Harry. He then opened the door, myself still in his arms. He closed the door behind us and set me down in front of the kitchen. "So how about that dinner we didn't get to have?"

"Harry, do you even have anything ready?" I asked.

"Well, no but I figured I could cook something."

"Sweetie, it's past mid-night. I'm tired. Let's just go to bed."

He pouted. God, he's so adorable.

I laughed and pinched his cheeks, receiving a glare in exchange. "Tomorrow we can have a nice dinner, I promise. I'll even cook for you," I said.

"I'm only agreeing to this because I've never tasted your cooking and I'm actually quite curious as to how it might taste."

"Then it's settled," I said. "Off to bed."

-

"That was too close," Barry said coming back into the lab, followed by Cisco.

"He told me to make it hard," Cisco said. Harry asked him to program some drones in order to help Barry with training.

"Pretty sure he didn't tell you to make him dead," I said.

Caitlin nodded. "Remember, this is just supposed to be a training exercise to improve Barry's speed.

"Cisco, you gonna bring it or what?" Barry said.

"Bring it," Cisco replied.

We watched as Barry got pounded on by the drones. Again. He was definitely getting his ass handed to him. "Why isn't he running?" I asked Harry. "Barry, run away," I said. Somehow, Barry managed to turn the tables and beat the drones.

"Very impressive, Mister Allen," Harry said. "Your reaction to stimuli at super-speed continues to improve."

"It's still not enough," Barry replied.

"It will be," I assured him.

"You keep working like you are, you stay focused like you are, and you will be ready the next time your man in the yellow suit comes around," Harry told him.

"I think you mean the Reverse Flash," Barry said.

Harry and I both looked at him. "What? He said it not me," Cisco said.

"And he's right," Harry told him. "Yellow suit, red lightning, and evil... the reverse of Barry."

"Meh," Caitlin said.

"Actually, I kind of like it," I said.

"All right, I'm still ready for another round," Barry said to Cisco. "How many drones do you have left?"

"Two," Cisco answered. "And they've got lasers."

"No," Barry and I said at the same time.

-

As promised, that night I prepared a special dinner for Harry and I. While Harry was still at S.T.A.R. Labs, I came home a little early so I could have everything ready by the time he came home. I made lasagna. The kitchen table was adorned with a beautiful white table cloth that I found in the cupboard and a pair of candles. I then set the table and waited. He should be home soon.

I heard Harry come home and I waited in the kitchen. He walked in smiled at me and kissed me on the cheek before saying, "wow, that smells delicious." He sat down and shoveled a fork full in his mouth. His face contorted into a look of disgust, only for a couple of seconds before he faked a smile.

"You don't like it," I frowned.

"No, it tastes wonderful." He was obviously lying. I was never a good cook. I don't even know why I offered. He stood up then and came over to me. As he put his arms around me he said, "really, I like it."

I sighed. "Harry, you don't have to pretend to like it."

"Who's pretending?"

"I was never a good cook, so it's fine. Oliver was always the chef in the family. I don't even know why I offered to cook. I'm terrible at it. I suppose you would have preferred to have a wife who can cook, huh?"

"I don't care about that, Whether you can or can't cook isn't important to me because you're good at so many different things and you don't even know it."

"Like what?" I asked.

"You are brilliant, more than you know. You say you don't know anything but you always seem to have some information about what we're going up against. You're incredibly kind-hearted. You're the only person I've ever met who can talk Barry out of doing something so mortifyingly idiotic. And you're the only person who can pull out this side of me, the side that actually cares about things. Until you came along, I didn't really know what I was doing. For a long time science was the only thing that mattered to me. But you, you're my whole world. I couldn't think of anyone else who I would rather make my wife."

I smiled at him, forcing down the tears that I felt coming. "I don't know what I did to deserve someone as amazing as you."

"Also, Barry gave me a heads up on your cooking, so I brought Chinese take out. It's in the car if you'd rather eat that instead."

"Please," I said as I laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I haven't been updating as much as I should be. I've going through some personal stuff and lately I haven't really been in the mood to do anything or to even get out of bed. Regardless, I feel like you guys deserved a chapter. It's short, but I think it's a pretty cute chapter and I hope you guys enjoy it.