Chapter Eight

A light breeze swept my hair behind me and lush green grass tickled between my toes. The fact that I was outside wasn't even the most jaw-dropping sight. It was the half-naked men and women fighting in groups of two or four spread out over the large field. Don't get me wrong, I've seen women in sports bras and shorts before, the same with shirtless men. The ones I've seen just didn't happen to all have six pack abs and limbs rippling with muscle. The body I woke up with couldn't compare to the figures these women in front of me had.

Large trees lined the left side of the field, creating a wall of dense forest. A huge house, mansion actually, was on the right side of the field. The field was at least three football fields in length from left to right and the forest seemed to curve around and encompass the entirety of the field and buildings (including the one I just escaped from).

I hadn't realised I was moving forward as I took in the beauty of this place, until I was only metres from two men fighting it out. I stopped in my tracks and watched them fight. Their movements were fast and precise, I was struggling to keep up with their blows. My confusion over who was winning stopped when the movement of the pair ceased suddenly.

The two men breathed in before they turned to look at me simultaneously. They were looking at me like I was a puzzle piece that didn't quite belong. The brown haired cocked his head, reminding me of a confused puppy.

"They let you out already? We were told you would remain under surveillance for at least a week." A week? They were going to keep me in that dámn room for a whole week?

"Uh, yeah. Apparently I was showing incredible progress and they decided to let me out early." I was lying through my teeth, but they didn't need to know that. "Alpha and Dr. Williams said I could get some fresh air and see a bit of this new era."

"Alpha hasn't allowed one of the humans out of the hospital before. You must be really promising." The blonde spoke up this time, beaming a huge smile down at me. In fact, they were both smiling at me. Their smiles only seemed to get wider as they noticed I wasn't freaking out over their huge canines on full display. By this time, the majority of the other people on the field had stopped their fights and had formed a half circle around us.

"You're fitting in well. That's good. You'll finally be the Omega we need." My eyes almost popped out of my head and rolled away as Brown Hair chuckled along with Blondie. Hold up.

I'll be the Omega they need? Wait, wait, wait. Mysterious said that Omega's are a Rank of Werewolf. I'm human.

A loud slam echoed across the field from behind me as I opened my mouth to speak. Everyone's head, including mine, whipped to face the source of the sound.

There, standing in the centre of the doorway was the guard I'd taken down in the hallway. He was no longer covered in ceramic but his clothes and hands were bloodied. He had dried blood on his face from his broken nose - which was back in place. The look on his face near made me want to píss my pants.

"You!" His voice was animalistic as he growled the single word. He pointed his bloodied index finger directly at me and started towards me in anger.

I squeaked in fear and stepped backwards, only to be caught by Brown Hair. Blondie stepped in front of me and growled, not entirely blocking my view. His actions made it known to the angry guard that he would fight to protect me if need be. The guard growled again, at Blondie this time.

"Stop." The authoritative voice rang across the field from behind him. The guard stopped in his tracks and tilted his head in submission, though keeping his murderous gaze on me.

The man I'd run past earlier appeared from behind the guard, Mysterious by his side.

"Leave. Clean yourself up and wait outside my office when you're done." The guard looked up at the man and growled in defiance.