Chapter 2

I was in my classroom, learning is the only thing I like about school now.
I took my seat, I had to sit in a bigger desk than everyone else, because the normal desk was too small for me. Everyone was starring at me, and giggling. Miss Pixel, my teacher, left the room to go get something, when she left, everyone bursted out laughing. Why were they laughing? Were they laughing at me?
"She's so fat, she can't even fit in a regular desk!" Misty insulted me.
Everyone continued laughing at me until Miss Pixel came back.

I sunk deeper into my seat, with my face turning red of my embarrassment.
Why was I the laughing stock of the school?
I felt a tap on my back, then turned around to see who tapped me. And you know who it was? Jane. She past me a note, it read:
Meet me by my locker after school, loser.
I wasn't going to meet her after school, the last time I did, her, Misty, and Clarissa, jumped me in the hallway. I wasn't going to make that mistake again and get a black eye.
"Miss Pixel!" Jane raised her hand.
"Yes, Jane?" miss Pixel replied. "Why doesn't Kasey look normal? She's fat, and ugly!" Jane said, making me feel worse.
"That is enough, Jane! Sit back down!" miss Pixel said.
I ran out, humiliated and hurt. I ran all the way home, I wasn't taking the bus, I couldn't!

-

I ran up to my room, with mom following after me. I sat on my bed, with tears slowly streaming down my face.
"Kasey- school again?" mother asked, softly.
"Mom," I hugged her, "Why don't I look like other girls? I'm hideous!"
"Kasey, you're gorgeous, don't listen to what others say, looks don't matter, what matters is your heart!" she smiled at me.
"You don't understand," I walked out of the room.
I was in the living room, dad took a seat next to me on the couch.
"Sweetie, I heard your conversation with your mother upstairs, you are lovely like your mom, Kasey."
"Why does my life have to be so complicated? Why can't I just be normal, and go places without having to hear insults, everywhere I go?" I said.
Wiping the tears from my eyes, dad said, "Life is hard, but you just have to put your Faith in Jesus, and He will bring you through."
"No one understands. I don't look like other girls, that's why I get made fun of, because I don't look like others! I'm not beautiful, nor skinny, I'm the opposite!"
With that said, I left outside. I sat on the porch, wondering why I don't look like other people.

To me, looks matter. If I had children, I wouldn't let them suffer like I am. My parents are the only ones that treat me with love, and say kind words to me. Everyday, I go through life, feeling worse, and worse, each day. School was the worst part of my day, but my parents make me go. It would be nice to skip, at least one time.
I can't go one day without having to hear insults, and people making fun of me. I feel useless. I have no friends.
My life is full of depression.
Jesus, please make the bullying stop. I was deep in my thoughts, so I didn't even hear my mother calling me inside.
"Oh. Mother?" I said.
"Kasey, I said, its time for supper!" replied mom. "Okay," I followed her into the house.
My parents were the only ones that loved me.