Chapter 7

"Not hungry," I said, pushing the plate mom placed on the table in front of me away.

"Bob, she's starving herself," mom looked at dad.

"Kasey, why in the world are you starving yourself?" Dad asked me with a look of concern on his face.

"Because I'm tired." I replied.

"You're tired? That's no reason to starve yourself to death!" Mom exclaimed.

"I'm tired of being fat! You guys wouldn't know because you're both bone. So is Christina. Why do I have to be this way?" I raised my voice.

"You are perfect in God's eyes, Kasey! Eat every bit of that food on your plate right now." Mom tried to force me.

"God this, God that! Well guess what? I don't care anymore! Why did He make me like this? Maybe I am just not hungry! You want me to get even fatter? You want me to continue going through life with absolutely no friends?" I replied, getting angry.

"That's it. Go to your room, right now." Dad stood up, pointing to my room.

"Gladly," I smiled sarcastically and ran to my room.

Oh, no! I just back talked mom and dad. I'm just making mistake after mistake these days. I lied down on my bed and put my face in my pillow. I cried until my eyes were red and puffy. I put on workout clothes. Then I opened my window and snuck out. I ran all the way to David's house. He opened the door.

"Hey. Will you take me to the gym if you know where it is?" I asked.

"Sure," he replied. "Hey, have you been crying? What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong, just please, take me to the gym." I replied.

"Okay, let me change clothes. You can come in." David opened the door and led me to his living room. I sat down on a couch. "I'll be right back. Just, stay here."
I waited for five minutes and David came back. Then he motioned me to follow him and we got in his car, then drove to the gym.
* * *
When we got there, David and I picked two treadmills that were side by side. We worked out for fifteen minutes, then David went to get some water. I got on another treadmill, even though I was all tired out. I was on for three minutes, then started getting dizzy. I knew I overdid the workout because I wasn't ready for that much yet, and I almost fainted. I got off the treadmill. As David was coming back I fell.

"Kasey!" David dropped his water and ran over to me. "Are you okay?"

"Stop, I'm fine," I pushed him away. He looked me in the eyes.

"Tell me the truth." he looked at me with pity in his eyes.

"I said I'm fine." I replied and walked out of the gym and out to his car. He followed after me.

"Kasey, tell me the truth." David pleaded.

"I told you. I'm fine." I said, getting frustrated.

"No, you're not. I can tell. I want the truth. Please."

"David," I looked down and David grabbed my shoulders with a strong grip and turned me towards him.

"Kasey, tell me what's bothering you. Now, please."

"I don't like myself. I'm stupid, and fat, and ugly, and-," David interrupted me.

"You're such a liar. You're smart, and the perfect size, and beautiful, and amazing, and kind. And that's why I like you. Because you're, well, you, and I don't know how anyone could possibly dislike you."

I grinned.

"You're the liar." I replied. David rolled his eyes and smirked. We got in the car and David drove me home. I snuck back inside my window to two angry looking parents.

"Kasey, how do you think we feel? We came in here to check on you and you were gone. You had us worried to death!" mom said.

"I'm sorry. I needed space. I'm tired of the lies. I just want to feel pretty and I don't want to feel fat anymore. You're a workout instructor and I thought you'd understand better than anyone, mom." I replied.

"That school has spoiled you. You have bad thoughts about yourself and they are not true thoughts. Your father and I have decided to homeschool you, tomorrow is your last day at your school. You're grounded and the only time you can leave this house is to go to Church. No complaints, because that is final. We love you, but we have to punish you when you do wrong. I hope this doesn't happen again." mom said and they left the room.

I was going to be homeschooled. I was excited. I could finally enjoy school again, but it was kind of frustrating, because I was looking forward to seeing David at school. At least I had just one more day to see him, just one more day.