What We Need Is Not What I Want

Kaci's POV

Ezra and I were sitting around when a transmission came through. I displayed it, and Kanan appeared. "Hey Kaci!"

Ezra stood and left with Melody almost glued to his leg. I turned back to face Kanan. "What do you want?"

"We need your help. Meet us on the outskirts of Capital City."

Ezra's POV

I blindly followed Kaci on a supply run. Something was off. I was followed by the rest of the crew. Melody was tugging a my pant leg. "Daddy, where we goin'?"

"I don't know Melody."

We stopped outside of Capital City. We waited in the early morning fog. The fog was so heavy you could barely see five foot in front of your face.

Finally, there was a dark, feminine figure ahead. It became clearer and I saw lekku instead of hair. I spoke aloud. "A twi'lect?"

Kaci turned to me. When we looked back at it there was a second, feminine figure. This one had a helmet on. Then there was a large, muscled figure. And finally, a tall, slender male. All followed by a droid. The Ghost crew.

Hera approached Kaci and huffed her. "Kaci! It's so good to see you!"

Sabine walked up. "Kaci, you're taller than me now, and so are you Little Ezra." Her hand was on my shoulder.

I shook it off. "Don't call me that."

"Okay?"

She turned her attention to Jaku. "Hey, kid!"

He jumped at her sudden sense of irritability. "Yes?"

"Where'd you get that armor?"

"It was my older brother's."

She grew even more frustrated. "Oh, yeah? And where'd he get it?"

"He forged it on Mandalor with my family."

"Why didn't you forge your own?"

"I was five!"

Sabine's hand twitched for her blaster, mine for my lightsaber, and Jaku's hand twitched for his blaster. Sabine's blaster was drawn and so was Jaku's. He smirked. "Don't even think about it."

I pulled out my saber leaving it deactivated. "Both of you stop it!"

Suddenly Zeb pushed forward. "A Lasat!"

I turned to my former crew mate. "His name is Ralla Yavok. We call him Ral."

Ral moved forward. "Woah! Were you an honor guard?" He was admiring the bo-rifle attached to Zeb's back.

"Yes," Zeb turned to me. "He's so small."

"Well, yeah. He's young."

Kanan pushed his way through the crowd. "Alright, enough chitchat. We have serious matters to attend to."

Kaci spoke for our crew. "What did you want Kanan?"

"It's not a want. It's a need."

He stopped talking and looked at the small figure glued to my leg. "Who is that?"

"My soon-to-be padawan."

He knelt down so he was eye level with the girl. "Why don't I train her? Come here little one."

Melody whined and positioned herself farther behind my leg. I looked down at Kanan. "That's why. Can we just get on with this? The faster we get it over with, the faster I can go home and stop talking to you."

He stood up. "Not likely."

Confusion bubbled inside of me. "What?"

"We need to team up in order to defeat the Empire."

"Why should we help you defeat the Empire? What could they do to specifically harm just one rebel?

"They'll take everything you love and burn it to ashes."

I pondered on the fact for just a moment. "Let's vote on it. If you vote no stand with me, if you vote yes stand with Kanan."

No one moved. It was five on five. Then, Kaci moved to stand with Kanan's crew followed by the rest of my crew, except Melody. Jaku bent down. "Come here Mel."

She ran to him, and he picked her up. Kanan opened his mouth to speak, but was interupted by screaming in the town. I jumped into action. "Kaci let's go. Kanan watch the rest of my crew. We'll be right back."

We ran to the source of the screams. The town square. There was another execution. These executions were held to catch us. The brutally murdered two innocents. One male, one female.

We both moved through the crowd. We stepped in front of everyone. I pulled my lightsaber off my belt, and Kaci followed the act by pulling her weapons out of their usual spots. The two innocent citizens looked at us with hope, but when we dropped our weapons they looked lost.

I looked at the new ISB agent. Agent White. "Leave them alone!"

They let the man and the woman go, and pulled us on the raised platform. They forced us to kneel down. We weren't cuffed, so we held hands in front of the whole crowd. I looked out on the crowd as a blaster was placed to the back of my head.