Salvation?

Ezra's POV

I waited for the shot to be fired, when the crowd started whispering. A sudden cry burst from the back of the group shouting, "I'm a rebel!"

Then, everyone was doing it saying, "No, I'm the rebel!" "I'm a rebel, too!"

The crowd was silenced by shots being fired in the air. Then a large man in the front spoke up, "If you want to get to them, you're gonna have to go through me."

Then, the crowd rang out. Everyone shouting, "And me!"

While the Imperials were distracted, Kaci used the force to pull towards her, one of her favorite weapons. A fire detonator. This detonator didn't explode, it caught fire. She threw it in front of the troopers. The ISB agent jumped out of the way. The fire started and Kaci used her famous trademark. She used the force to manipulate the fire onto the troopers. I pulled the rest of our weapons towards me. I handed Kaci her lightsaber. I yelled to the crowd. "Run!"

Once the crowd had cleared out, I noticed Kanan's crew and the remainder of mine standing there. We ran off in their direction. "Let's go!"

We ran towards the two, landed ships. We split up into our designated ships. My crew in The Banshee and Kanan's in The Ghost. After we were all calm and settled I realized that Kanan had boarded my ship as well.

"What are you doing here? Huh? You know I don't want you here. You know which ship you should go to, why didn't you go there?"

"Ezra, I wanted to talk to you about what I did to yo-"

I threw my hand up in his face. "Save it! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be in my cabin."

Kaci came down the ladder. "Hey! What's going on down here?"

I tried to push past her, and she put her arm in my way. "Don't push past me. Don't do that to me. Kanan may have been I push over, but I'm sure as hell not. Now, what is going on down here?"

I grabbed her wrist and pushed her arm down to her side. "Nothing. Now, move."

I slipped past her. I could feel the tension in the room.

Kaci's POV

I was left with Kanan and my growing anger at my husband. I left to land back on Lothal. Hera landed next me. Ezra finally, came out of our cabin. He walked to the ramp, and I followed. I grabbed his shoulder to spin him towards me. "Don't you ever, ever push past me again. I didn't do anything I don't deserve that."

"Maybe, I should've just let that trooper blow my head off my shoulders. Huh, what about that?"

After he said that, I was pissed. I threw my finger out in the direction of the empty fields of Lothal. "GET OFF MY SHIP!!"

I could see the shock cross his face. "What?"

I lowly grumbled under my breath, "You heard me."

"Kaci, think about thi-" I cut him off with another low grumble.

"Get. Off. My. Ship."

He looked down and turned away. He walked off as it began to start a light rain. He got farther away. I reached my arm out for him. "Ezra, wait." But, he just kept walking.

I sat on the ramp, hours after I exiled Ezra from my ship, unable to distinguish between my tears and the drips off rain falling from my soaked hair. I heard someone sneak up behind me. It was Jaku. He had a small blanket with him. "Here. Come in and get warm. You'll get sick."

"No, I'm fi-" I was stopped by a dark figure coming through the rain. I stood. The figure broke into a light jog, then a run.

"Kaci!"

"Ezra?"

"Kaci!"

"Ezra!"

He ran to me, engulfed me in a large embrace, and kissed my head like he always used to do. "I'm sorry, Kaci. I love you. Galaxy?"

I mumbled as I went in for another kiss, "Always."

I sent everyone off to bed, but stayed up thinking about how the day had gone, and how it didn't go like I wanted it to.

Ezra's POV

I sat on my bunk holding Kaci's old leather jacket. There was a tear in the back, ripping through the starbird that once occupied the slick surface. Her new jacket was almost tge same. In fact she still wore the same thing. Black skinny jeans, fingedless gloves, the right glove red, the left one black, black combat boots, and a black jacket. Only this jacket is black with a red, left sleeve. Her hair kept long and still had blue tips.

Kaci's POV

I sat in my cockpit fiddling with my hair. I was nervous, not for a mission, not because on the Empire, I was nervous because I thought that at any second Kanan and Ezra would go at it and kill each other.

I stood and went to check supplies. I opened the door, and heard a light sniffle in the corner. I turned and found Mel. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I had a bad dream."

She was cradling the small doll she had when she came. I looked at it closer. It was a female, twi'lect in a slave outfit. What parent buys their small child a slave doll? I think to myself. Granted I'm not a parent... yet. "It's okay. Come here I'll take you to bed, and sing you a lullaby."

She trailed behind me. She laid on the bottom bunk, and I started singing Safe and Sound.

Ezra's POV

I was still sitting on the bunk, when I heard Kaci singing. I moved into the corridor and followed her voice to Melody's cabin. I leaned my ear on the door. Safe and Sound.

She finished and I heard shuffling feet. I tried to walk off, so she wouldn't know I was listening in. When I went to move the door opened and she grabbed my arm. "Ezra, I've been thinking, and..."

She trailed off. "What? What is it?"

An emotion crossed her face that I had never recognized. I pulled her into my arms. She stood on her toes and whispered into my ear, "I want to be a mother."