Caged

Kaci's POV

We woke early, I put on my knee high, combat, lace up, black boots. I wear them when I want to feel intimidating. Kanan's crew was waiting in my cargo hold. I spoke first, "We'll just take the Banshee. One ship will draw less attention to us. Is that okay?"

Hera stepped forward. "It's fine, but I'll be doing the flying."

Ezra laughed, "That's funny. You actually think she'll let you fly her ship. She never lets anyone else touch anything."

I added in my own comment when he was done. "I would have to be dead to let you fly my ship."

Kanan and Hera gave me a look, and I knew what he meant. I nodded in Ezra's direction. He nodded in approval of my decision, to let Ezra fly later today when I won't be there.

We all crowded into the cockpit and I took off to start our mission. We had to go to Capital City to reach the facility, that would be hard. Any ship without Imperial approval gets shot down, now.

I flew in and shot the three antiship batteries on the border of town. That's it. They know we're here. I call for Squeak. "Stay on the ship with Chop. You keep the ship in Capital City. Ezra will call for you when we're ready get our asses out of there. You pick us up. Okay?"

Squeak to answer with a "yes."

Hera looked at me. "No cussing."

I smirked. "The rule was no cussing on your ship. This is my ship. Ral, you're on Melody watch. Stay on the ship with her."

Melody came to me. I bent down and hugged her. She understood what Ezra didn't. She had figured it out. Smart kid. I could see the pleading in her eyes. I kissed her head, then stood up. "Alright, let's go."

We stood on the ramp, still fifty meters above the roof of the facility. I opened it. "Let's jump."

Sabine, Kanan, Hera and Zeb jump first. Then, Jaku. I went to jump, and Ezra grabbed my arm. "No."

I smile. "Yes."

I pull him towards me, and we both go toppling down. Ezra lands first and rolls onto his feet. I land with one leg under me, the other extended out to the side.

We regroup while Kanan and Ezra cut a hole in the roof. A man stands at a counter. "Hey!"

I shoot him. Sabine runs to his control panel. She looks for some information. "Found it!"

She tried to open it up to find what we needed. "Damn it! It's locked down!"

I looked around the room. "We don't have much time. Plan B?"

Kanan nods. "Yeah, let's go."

We left the lab we were in out into the corridor. We stopped and I looked to Ezra, "I'm sorry."

"What?"

"I have to be captured to be injected. Hera and Kanan want to test it on me."

"You can't."

"Ezra, I'm a soldier to this rebellion. I have to do this."

"You're not a soldier. You're a Jedi."

"Well, right now I'm a soldier. I'll forget all of you. I'm dreading it. When this is all over I will never forget you. You will always be by my side. From the day the I met you, I knew that I would love till the day I died, and in my heart I will always be strong."

"No Kaci come back home with me."

"Okay."

He smirked. "Wow. That was a lot easier than I thought it would be."

He wrapped his arms around my waist, and I put my arms around his neck. When I did I handed my weapons to Kanan, who was standing behind Ezra.

We pulled apart and everyone kept running, while I stopped before the next turn. I was grabbed by at least ten troopers. I was thrown in a cell, and left for a long time.