Decisions

Kaci's POV

Our new mission begins today, and everyone is all for it, except for Ezra. Ezra wants me to stay on the ship, but I have to go. Before Ezra and I decided to be parents, Kanan and I had already planned this mission. I planned it with him the day before we merged our crews together.

My cockpit was filled with three Jedi, two Lasats, a twi'lect, two Mandalorians, two astromech droids, a little kid, and a Loth Cat. Wonderful. When Kanan stepped in I saw something that I missed dearly, a shared smile between Ezra and Kanan. I looked at Melody at my feet playing with Ephraim.

Kanan started the conversation. "So, the Empire is injecting innocents with a mind controlling pellet, turning them into soldiers. We are going to investigate this. We're gonna go in find the control center of it all and look into it. They inject the person, give them a serum to activate it, and if it doesn't work out with that person there is another serum to reverse it. If plan A doesn't work there's a plan B I can't discuss aloud."

Ezra snapped to attention. "What is plan B?"

I looked at him. "Ezra, plan B is on a need to know basis between specter 1 and 2 of the Ghost crew and com 2 of the Banshee. Sorry."

Ezra looked away. I looked at Kanan who was looking at Hera. He turned to me. I needed one more day to plan this and convince Ezra that this was a necessity. "Kanan, give us one more day."

He gave me a subtle nod and his crew turned and left. Our crew left, too. Ezra looked at me. "Tell me what you're up to."

"I can't," I looked at my feet. "If you knew you wouldn't let me go."

Ezra pulled me up and pressed me into his chest. I breathed in his aroma. The one that I believe may be all to familiar. He pushed me back just enough to look me in the eyes. He ran his index finger around my tattooed eye, then kissed me. He kept repeating this pattern over and over again.

Circle. Kiss. Circle. Kiss. Circle. Kiss. He finally stopped when he went to kiss me and I kissed him like I've never kissed him before.

I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him forward. I kissed him like I've known love my whole life.

We went to bed and after Ezra fell asleep, I lay awake thinking of him and what pain I'll cause him tomorrow. Then, I whisper into the silent, dark room, "I love you Ezra Bridger, and I'll keep you in my heart."