The Journal {7}

Today was such a great day. I’ve always loved going down to water when I’m upset. I love watching water rush along, always flowing. It keeps moving on and on, oblivious to the world. For some reason, that always just calms me down.

                Well, Francis knew that. So when things went wrong and I got upset, he-

                Hm, I guess I should elaborate before I break off into that. I guess it all started when I told the twins about our relationship today. From there, my day just went downhill until Francis cheered me up.

                Anyways, I found the twins in the morning. They were at Callahan’s locker, talking to each other.

                I went up to them and grinned. They both stared at me curiously, though I think Callahan was guessing what had happened.

                “Francis and I are-”

                “-dating,” I said happily.

                “We’re happy for you,” they said at the same time, offering me smiles.

                “Just be careful,” Callahan said seriously. “You know how Frank is.”

                “I trust him,” I said with a firm nod.

                “Now you just have to hope that Amanda doesn’t steal your man away,” Damien said with a wink.

                I rolled my eyes. “I hate her. I really do.”

                “Hate who?”

                Arms snaked around my waist. I turned so that I was facing Francis, and he leaned down, pecking my lips.

                “Hate who?” he repeated.

                “Amanda,” I said.

                He made a disgusted face. “Ugh, I hate that slut.”

                “I think it’s safe to say we all hate her,” Callahan said, Damien nodding in agreement.

                “I just can’t believe you two are dating,” Damien said as Francis gripped my hand in his. “I mean, a week ago, I thought Nash was straight.”

                “Well that was last week. This week, he’s all mine,” Francis said, winking at me and kissing my cheek.

                All his.

                “Yea,” I said, smiling up at him. He was taller than me, but only by a little. I came up to his chin, and when he hugged me, I folded against his body perfectly. “I’m all yours, Francis.”

                The bell rang and Francis sighed in annoyance. “Ugh, school. Well, come on Nash. I’ll walk you to first period.”

                “Oh-la-la!” the twins said seductively.

                “Piss off Bonnie and Clyde!” Francis said.

                “I call Clyde!” Damien said, raising his hand.

                “I don’t want to be Bonnie!” Callahan whined. “My name starts with a C, so I should get to be Clyde!”

                “Let’s escape while they’re arguing,” Francis said, pulling me away from the twins and out of the hallway.