Prologue

_____
Caroline's POV:
Have you ever wonder what would happened if the world as you know it was a nightmare?
Were your daddy can't lull you to sleep and tell you it's going to be okay because it was all just a bad dream?
I would never have thought anything like this would happen...
Especially to me, an 8 year old girl who used to live in a small homey cabin with her daddy and uncle. You could say we had normal lives, we would often go swim in the lake outside the house, we would watch TV and I would fall asleep on my daddy's chest, and there were those days uncle Merle would make fun of me 'till I cried and daddy would yell at his face and would all make me laugh after.
My names Caroline Dixon and I am the daughter of Daryl Dixon.
I could never see myself living in a world where monsters are walking around eating people in front of me, and then knowing I could suffer the same fate if I wasn't careful enough.
Being scared is an emotion that is normal nowadays, fear is what keeps us alive, but it's not living, I know that much, and daddy says it's normal to feel like this, that it's an emotion that will help us stay alert.
But he made a promise, the promise being that when I'm with him that I shouldn't be scared, a promise were he would never leave me, and that he would always protect me.
No matter what.
I believe him. I believe my daddy because he always keeps his promises.
And promises are important, especially a special kind.
Pinky Promise...