Chapter 11

3d Person:
When Caroline yelled out it seemed to take everyone out of their trance of hostility, but only for a bit.
"Rick Fort Benning! It's still an option!" Shane pleaded
"Rick we need a plan now!" Lori yelled, she was in panic holding her terrified son in her shaking arms.
Everyone was in panic mode, they were all ready to fend for themselves, but Daryl, though he didn't show it he was about ready to bolt an leave with his daughter, with all the arguing they were gonna get his sunshine killed. He looked down to her, her head was buried on his shoulder, she tried to drown the screams and yells of the desperate group, but Daryl knew that they both wouldn't make it, he couldn't leave, he hated to admit it, but his daughter had a better chance at survival if they were in numbers.
Caroline didn't want to die, she was terrified she knew if she looked up she would see the monsters!
Their rotting flesh and their yellow teeth snapping ready for a taste.
Caroline started to sob as she pictured the group being ripped apart like that deer she found, or like those people on the side of the road! But most importantly her dad.
Her awful day dream was interrupted by Ricks cries.
"YOURE KILLING US! YOURE KILLING US!"
"RICK WE GOTTA GO!" Shane screamed at his former partner.
"Daddy! I'm scared!" Caroline cried.
"We're gonna be ok sunshine, I promise." Daryl reassured his trembling daughter.
Caroline saw as Rick was being pulled away by Shane, and Daryl had enough, he was about to break into a full on sprint when a white blinding light made everyone stop in their tracks.
***
Caroline's POV
I stared at the pretty white light in awe, I had almost forgotten the monsters, well that was until Ricks voice broke the silence.
"Everyone go! go!"
I held onto daddy's shirt as everyone  ran inside te building, he then quickly set me down in front of him, but when a faint click was heard he stepped in front of me and aimed his crossbow to a strange man in a white coat. His eyes quickly flashed to me and then he spoke.
"Who are you and what do you want?"
"A chance" Rick spoke softly, he then lowered his gun, and everyone else did the same, I saw daddy hesitate a bit but he as well lower his crossbow, I held onto the fabric of his jeans, while I peaked and saw what was going on.
"That's an awful lot to ask these days" The man replied
"I know" Rick returned
Again the mans eyes flickered towards me, making me look down.
"You all submit to a blood test, that's the price of admission" he spoke quickly.
"We can do that" Rick nodded as well as others.
"Get your things, once those doors close they won't open up again."
"Sunshine go with Sophia and Carl, I'll be right back" daddy said, I stared to panic. "No don't leave me again please!"
"Baby, I'll be right back, I just need to get our things." I slowly nodded, and he quickly kissed my forehead as he went outside the door.
I looked to my right and saw Sophia waving her hand, telling me to come over. I scurried over and gave her a soft smile.
After a bit, daddy came back with our bags and I quickly said bye to Carl and Sophia, and ran towards him.
"Daddy!"
"See sunshine, I wasn't gone  for that long" he smiled and extended his hand for me to take it, i held his hand and we all made our way towards Rick and Doctor Jenner.
Rick then extended his hand as he spoke. "Rick Grimes"
"Doctor Edwin Jenner" the man replied as he shook his hand
"Vi lock the main entrance. Now come with me"
We were all crowded in the tiny  elevator. I was placed on my daddy's hip while I rested my head on his shoulder, just resting my eyes.
Soon I felt the rumble of daddy's chest as he spoke.
"Doctors always go around picking heat like that?"
"Their were plenty laying around, I decided to familiarize myself, besides you all look harmless enough" , he then looked at me and smirked.
"Expect for you, I'll have to keep my eye on you" I grinned and replied.
"Because I'm a Dixon!"
The rest of the group laughed.
Daddy laughed as well and then huffed. "Damm strait ye are!"
The elevator doors opened and we all got out letting out a breath that we weren't in such a small space anymore.
We were all walking through a slightly dimmed hallway when Carol broke the silence.
"Are we underground?"
"Are you claustrophobic?" Jenner asked
"A little" Carol said in a small voice
"Try not to think about it"
Then Jenner opened up a set of double doors that led to a really big room with tons of computers!
"Vi turn on the lights of the big room. Welcome to zone five!" He spoke
Everyone stared at confusion at the big empty room.
"Where is everyone else? The rest of the staff?" Rick questioned
"I'm all that's left" Jenner spoke
Daddy then hoisted me up a bit while I snaked my arms around his neck.
"What about the lady you were talking to?" I asked
"Yeah she's right" Lori spoke "what was her name, vi?"
"Vi say hello to our guests, tell them.. welcome"
Then a very weird female voice echoed through the room.
"Hello guests welcome"
"I'm all that's left"
Everyone was silent, until Doctor Jenner broke it.
"Now, how about those blood test"
-----
I was patiently waiting my turn sitting on daddy's lap as he rocked me back and forth almost lulling me to sleep.
"So who goes first?" Jenner asked, just before daddy could say he would go, I quickly interrupted him.
"I will!" I needed to show daddy that I was strong, that I was a Dixon!
I held my arm out waiting for the slight sting that was to come. But not before I turned away and closed my eyes. I felt him clean a part of my arm, and I took in a sharp breath when I felt the sting a slight whimper escaped my lips, I then felt daddy's hand rub my shoulders trying to soothe me.
"All done" Jenner spoke
I looked down to see a pretty pink bandage on my arm.
"Yer so brave sunshine" daddy spoke as he kissed my temple.
"Now your daddy" Jenner told me
They did the same to daddy and he didn't even flinch!
I jumped out of daddy's lap but felt dizzy and held onto daddy.
"Sunshine ye okay?" Daddy asked concerned
"I'm fine"
Then Jackie spoke softly as daddy picked me up.
"Poor baby hasn't eaten in days, none of us have"
"What happens to the energy bar I gave you sunshine?" Daddy asked
I shyly looked down and spoke
"I gave half and half to Sophia and Carl... they said they were hungry"
Daddy twisted his mouth a little but didn't say anything, then a small smile flashed across his lips.
Jenner looked at us then smiled
"I think I can help with that"
________
___
A/N: HEY Zombaes!
Sorry for delay, but I just wasn't feeling this story anymore, and tbh I was thinking on quitting this story...
But I saw all the support, people asking me to update so I decided against it!
But hey I'm in Hawaii right now, but I was able to write this!
I hope you all have a happy holidays!
~Ms. Believer