Edd?!

Kevin Barr

As I walked down the street towards the cul-de-sac, I notice something different-something strange. The raven haired swimmer wasn't here. Waiting by the fence, to either tease me, push to the ground or just simply trip me. Nope, he wasn't here, that had me worried.

Since I had robotics after school; every day of the school week, Eddward would usually go home first. Since he also is the smartest boy in the school; he tends to finish his work early and have time to bully me while I make my way home. But him not being here scared me.

As walked up to my house, I looked across the street towards Edd's house. The blinds were pulled, but the door seemed to be creaked a little. I dropped my stuff by my front door and ran over towards his home just to see if he was alright. Yes, I know going over to my bully's home is a dumb idea....but something was wrong about the situation.

Once I got to the door it was just as expected, the door was somewhat opened. I knocked on the door just to see if someone might answer, but no one did.

'Turn back' my body mentally told me, but my mind told me to go inside. I took a deep breath and sighed at the matter.Listening to the voice in my head I pressed on. I took off my shoes and set them to the side and continued in. The house was clean and well organized, some appliances in the home were labeled by name. The house was a two-story home, no lights lite up the home so I was only able to see what the light outside provided me. As I walked further into the darkened home I tripped on something that sounded and felt like a bag.

So he is home I thought as I made my way towards the stairs. "Eddward," I called out, no response maybe his and asleep and he let you off the hook a voice told me, and I sighed and ignored it. Yeah the guy who bullies me at, and on my back from school; every day, is going to let me off the hook. Right.

Without hesitation I went up the stairs into the darkened hallway, I fished out my phone and switched it to flashlight mode. Once upstairs, the smell of alcohol filled my nose and it got stronger as I walked further down the hall. "Edd?" I questioned as I brought the flashlight towards closed doors that were also labeled as well.

Bathroom

Mother's & Father's room

Eddward Vincent's room

When Eddward's name came into sight my eyes lit up, I covered my nose with my green vest to block the smell. The door was half opened and the only thing available for the sight was a silhouette of a raven of a boy on the floor. Once he came into my sight I dropped my phone onto the floor and ran into his side. As I ran towards him what felt like pills, cracked beneath my feet.

"Edd?!" I screamed as dropped beside him, he didn't respond. I then got up and grabbed my phone to call 911, while I walked over to turn on the light switch only to see his room was decorated with pills for all sorts of needs and bottles of beer scattered on his desk.

"911, what's your emergency."