Cupcake

Football practice finally came to an end, the boys were coming out of the locker room. Kevin walked out of the locker room with his right arm around his teal-haired friend; Nat Goldberg AKA, the booty king. When Eddward noticed the two walk out the locker room, he picked up his satchel and swung it onto his shoulder, pressing his books to his chest.

"Aw, look, Double Delectable waited for you."

Nat chuckled a bit. Kevin blushed, "Yeah, yeah, and stop calling him that." Kevin removed his arm from his friend and jogged the last couple of steps to the dork that he was proud to say was his, and kissed his cheek.

"Well, good evening to you as well, I'm guessing that football practice was decent." Eddward smiled showing his gapped teeth. "Yeah it was alright, but we still need to work on passing." Kevin said, wrapping his arm around Eddward. "I see," Eddward stated with a nod.

"Ahem."

Eddward looked behind Kevin and noticed Nat standing by them, waiting to be greeted. "Salutations Nathan," Eddward greeted. "Sup, double delish," Nat waved with a wink. Eddward smiled even brighter while Kevin threw daggers with his eyes at his friend.

"What? You said to stop calling him double delectable," Nat shrugged with a smile, running away before he could get hit in the forehead by Kevin.

Nat jogged to the end of the hallway and noticed that the drama club was still practicing for their play. Standing, the boy watched as a certain brunette sat in his circle and recited his script. Nat smiled and quickly hid away before he could be caught when the other looked up.

~

"Rave, what's wrong?" One of his fellow actors asked him while the others continued practicing their lines.

"It's nothing to worry about. Come on, let's get to practicing, I wish not delay us from practice."

~

Later on in the afternoon, Rave collected his items and exited the school, taking a deep breath as he prepared himself for the long walk back to his house. He looked in his black satchel, making sure he had everything, until he heard someone call out for him.

"Hey, Rave! Need a ride?" A voice yelled.

He looked up to see who had called out to him out of confusion, and his surprised face soon faded to a glare of annoyance. Nat smiled as he leaned against his black doge challenger.

"What are you doing here Goldberg? Shouldn't you be home?"

"Yeah, but, you know. I thought maybe you might want a ride home seeing how late is."

"I'm fine, thank you." Rave said coldly before making his way past the other.

"What do you think, that I might try something?" Nat asked, placing his hand on Rave's shoulder.

Tensing slightly at his touch, Rave slapped Nat's hand off of him.

"Ow, what was that for? All I did was-?"

"Don't touch me!" Rave yelled as tears started to flow from his hazel eyes.

"James...I just-"

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE GOLDBERG... Just leave me alone!" Rave yelled again.

Shocked, Nat stayed silent and watched as the angry boy turned around and walked away.

"What the hell?"

~

The next day Nat pulled up into the school parking lot, stepping out of his car, a flash back of yesterday's events running through his mind. "I have to apologize," he sighed as he got out of his car.

Locking his car and swinging his backpack over his shoulder, he made his way to the front of the school. As he walked, he passed were the drama group usually stood and talked among themselves while waiting for the school day to begin.

"That's weird, usually he's here by now."

He jogged towards the drama group, and they looked towards him as they noticed him approaching. "Hello Nat, seeing that you look worried you must be wondering where James is? Then I'll tell you, he isn't here. Sick I believe, sick of seeing you and being harassed."

Nat took a deep breath and looked at the group of people in front of him, trying to stay as calm as possible. "One, hello to you too, Jacob. Two, I don't harass anyone. K? I'm just a single, uncontrolled flirt and not once have I ever tried to make him do something out of his comfort zone. And three, you could have simply said that he was sick or not in school today damnit, rather than throwing a fit."

Jacob opened his mouth but quickly closed it, moving back in fear of the football player. Now knowing that his day is going to be long, Nat walked away from the group to enter the school. Kevin called for him, but Nat just ignored him.

Throughout the entire day, Nat couldn't help but feel guilty. No, he wasn't the reason why Rave didn't like being touched, but he was the reason to make him fake sick and not come to school.

When lunch time finally arrived, Nat didn't even go to lunch. Instead, he walked around the school, thinking about what could've made Rave so uneasy.

"I can't believe that Rave's rapist is actually out of jail."