Note

Kevin Barr

As I switched out my books for math class, my bullies hand came slamming next to me. Scared, slowly turned around only to come face to face with him. "E-Eddward, is is there something I can help you with?" I stuttered out scared for my life. He was looking down at me first but when I asked my question he lifted his head slowly causing his Icey blue eyes to meet with my emerald ones. He wore his average frown and smelled of chlorine, which made me infer that he came back from the pool after lunch. I still can't see why he can't just wait for practice like everyone else. Then again he putting in so much effort and having the fastest speed on the swim, is what got him the name shark.

He stared at me for a bit then removed his hand from the locker, which made release some air that I didn't even release I was holding. I watched him carefully as I tipped towed away from him but he stopped me in my steps when he grunted. Sadly, no one was in the hallway instead they were at lunch. Plus, who would help me?

Digging into his pocket he pulled out a note and handed it to me. I stared at the paper wondering what could be in it, being impatient for me to take the paper he walked up to me and shoved the paper down my pants. "Open it after school." He ordered me then he turned on his heel and walked away. Strange, this isn't really his normal behavior and I could have sworn that I saw him blush a bit as he left.

I took a shaky breath and placed my hand into my right pocket where he stuffed it. I didn't dare take out I just felt, I was afraid that if I did take it he come out of nowhere and push me into the locker yelling at me telling what the hell was wrong with me for disobeying him. Taking a deep breath I grabbed my book from my locker and closing and locking it, by then the bell rang. The hallway became crowded as students made their way to their next class.

~

When the bell gave its last ring signaling that the school day was over, I did my best to forget the note that Eddward gave me as best I could but when the bell rang the memory came flooding back in. as I walked to me locker parts of the note picked my leg. As I walked out the same ravened haired boy walked past me slightly tripping me. I stumbled a bit then regained balance, he flashed his infamous frown then turned around continuing his way to his black car.

I stared at him as he left then looked down making sure that everything was still in hand. once down checking I continued my way home.

~

entering into my home a looking to see any signs of my father home but instead found a note stating that he was going to the bar after work as always. Going upstairs into my room it felt like a weight was being added to my chest. Closing the door behind me, I then remembered Eddward's words to me 'open after school' now it's 3:50 the worst part is it's a Friday and Eddward leaves right across from me.

Sliding my hand down my right pocket and pulling the note out. I unfolded it carefully fearful of what might be present only to be dazzled by the writing. As I read it I seemed to be fascinated with its poetic words that made my heart beat fast.

I always had a crush on Eddward, but I also knew that him liking me back was false hope. Yet, me reading this seeing his handwriting on this paper and him so forcefully placing it into my keep wanting me to read, I know that his feelings a genuine. once I completed the not placed in my pocket and ran over to his house as fast as I could to thank him and tell him my feelings as well. I knock on the door a couple of times; heart racing. He opened the doors and smiled as he noticed the blush across my face; I smiled as well.

"I-I read your note."

"Finally. so Pumpkin what did you think?" I smiled even wider when he said my nickname.

"Yeah, I did."

"Great why don't you come in."