Chapter 4

HOPE'S POV

The first day of school wasn't bad, except for when I got yelled at for no reason, but hopefully, mommy will have some answers for that. Now that I am home, I can relax.

"Hopy, can you please get me a snack?" Alle asks me sweetly. She knows I can't resist her.

"Ok kid. What do you want? Apple, banana, yogurt..."

"CANDY!!!" Alle interrupted. I laughed.

"No candy young lady," Mommy says. She always seems to know when Alle asks for candy.

"Ok ok. Yogurt please." I hand Alle the yogurt and we sit at the table together.

"How was your first day at school Alle?" I asked her. She beamed

"I wasn't afraid to go down the big slide today. All the other girls were afraid and only went down the little slide and Veronica said she loves me cause I'm a fun girl!" I smiled at her excitement.

"I agree. You are a fun girl." She nodded and climbed onto my lap and hugged me.

"Yup, just like you." I hugged her back. "Hopy? Are we still going to have a sleep over in your room on Friday?"

"Of course we are." She yelled in excitement

"Yay! You bring the candy and I will pick the movie ok Hopy?" I smiled.

"I already bought it." I whispered to her. She ran off to play just as mommy walked in.

LARISSA'S POV

I sat next to Hope and sighed "You promised her candy didn't you?" She shook my head in disbelief.

"How do you always know?" She questioned.

"You will understand someday when you are a mom. By the way, I'm letting the candy slide for Friday only because I know it is your special time with Alle."

Hope and Alle have been close since day one. They have been having sleepovers in Hope's room, once a month, ever since Alle turned 2 years old.

Alle always picks the movie and Hope brings the candy. They stay up late and then Hope lets Alle sleep with her in her bed for the night. That's the night Carmen takes me out and we have adults only night.

"Hope? What is your interest in Bella White?" I looked at her.

"I told you, I just want to know the girl who yelled at me for no reason." I know her better than that.

"Hope, I understand that but what I don't understand is how calm you are being about all of this. Is this more than curiosity? Because if it is, I want you to be careful ok? I don't know her family very well yet. Until we do, I want you to take it slowly." Hope nodded. "I am proud of you for how you are handling this. But you are still my baby and my first priority will always be you and your sister." I take her hand in mine. "You have a big heart. Just like your daddy."

Yes, I gave up trying to get her to call Carmen, mom. You know what they say. 'if you can't beat them, join them' I joined them years ago.

"She protects people over her own safety. I see that in you. It is the one thing about you that makes me most scared and proudest." I stand up and kiss the top of her head. "How about you get busy on homework. Maybe start that project." I smiled at her.

"Ok mommy.".....

CARMEN'S POV

It's after dinner and I am finishing up a phone call in my home office. Hope lightly knocked on the open door and I waved her in. She just came back from the store with Larissa.