Mr. Nutters (Medic x Reader)

Requested by katderp , unlukylprcan , Lita54ster , and TatjanaMirkovic who wanted a shy reader. 

________________________________________________________________________

       The coins in your hands shook. No, not the coins. Your hands were the ones shaking. Groaning, you set the coins onto the counter and the check you'd been given to pay for everything.

       Once every six months, you and your teammates were allowed to go downtown into Teufort and buy whatever you wanted. This was nice because even though the Administrator would send in food, new uniforms, weapons, and other things like that, you guys could still treat yourselves with candy or other things. You'd been sent with a shopping list and a check of money pooled together to the hardware store to grab some extra tools for Engineer, birdseed for Demo and Medic, and paint to touch up the base. The coins were just because the check fell a few cents short.

      Trying to give the cashier a smile, you reached forward to sign the receipt and ended up pushing a few coins over the edge of the counter.

      "Shi- shoot! I'm so sorry!" You said, shaking even more. The women bent down and picked them up. It didn't seem like a big deal but you were mortified as you hurriedly grabbed the bags and headed back towards where Sniper's van was parked.

        You weren't sure if it was caused by anxiety or some other disorder or if it was just a part of your personality, but you got incredibly nervous around other people. Only really close family and friends made you feel safe. And unfortunately, you'd hadn't been a member of the mercenary team long enough to let down your shyness around them. This caused you to seem a little cold and aloof but in reality you really cared for everyone here. It was just that you didn't want to talk to anyone for too long in risk of doing something stupid and getting mocked.

      Footsteps behind you as you loaded everything into the truck of the van Sniper used to drive you here downtown sent a new wave of anxiety through you. Medic came over and picked up one of the heavier bags with paint, setting it in the back. You murmured a thank you, but it was so quiet he didn't hear, slightly offending him. "Did you get my birdseed?" The German asked.

         You silently pointed and nodded, not trusting yourself to speak. Again this made you seem kind of rude but of all people, Medic brought out the most shyness in you. He was just so smart! Anyone who'd gone through medical school had to be and it wasn't like he lost his license because he was stupid. No, he lost it because he was violent. The doctor always seemed to know just what to say, whether it be a speech to motivate your team when all seemed lost or or a witty comeback in an argument. Not to mention he was awfully attractive and you didn't see yourself as the same. You envied his confidence and were sure he saw you as a stuttering idiot. What's worse is that you were sure you had a small crush on him. There was no way you'd ever tell him or anyone else that.

        Eventually the others started to come back after they'd headed to other places like a bakery or grocery store to get what everyone wanted. You swore, when the team wrote up the shopping list of everything everyone wanted, it was even longer than Sniper was tall. Everyone loaded their stuff into the back. You noticed Heavy had gotten your favorite type of candy you'd asked for and you said a quick thank you before remembering what else you had wanted to do.

        "I'll be right back," you murmured to no one in particular and dashed over to the gift shop at the end of the street. The sun gently streamed in, illuminating little bits of dust in the air and giving the place a cozy, relaxing atmosphere. The cashier inside looked bored, with his head tilted over the back of the chair like he was trying to catch some sleep. Great, you'd have to bother him.