Nothing Perfect (Medic x Reader)

I gave the story a fresh new cover! Like it? This was requested by TatjanaMirkovic who wanted a pregnant reader.

He got you flowers. They sat on the table nearby. Red and white roses with bright green stems and soft leaves. If any petals fell off, he'd weave them into your hair.

You were currently snuggled on the couch, your feet in Medic's lap while you flipped through channels on the TV. It was days like these that you knew you made the right choice two years ago. Since moving with your pregnant belly was exhausting, he would occasionally get up and bring you something to drink and snack on at your request. He also got up every so often and readjusted the large blanket you were cuddled under so it was more snug on you. You were so cozy you could fall asleep.

But before you could, you felt lips gently pressing against yours. Medic was leaned over you, giving you a soft kiss. You wrapped your arms around his neck and returned the kiss, your eyes fluttering. He tenderly set his hand on your stomach, rubbing circles around it.

"I love you," he murmured.

"Love you too," you replied tiredly, clinging to him. Being 8 months pregnant was really exhausting. You hardly ever had enough energy. But he helped by bringing you things, rubbing your belly gently, and carrying you to bed. Sometimes he got overprotective to the point of obnoxiousness and you snapped at him, but it wasn't like any relationship was perfect.

Him being a doctor also helped. He knew little things to make you more comfortable. He picked out foods that would help with any discomfort. Him being around meant less trips to the doctor because he was the perfect doctor in your opinion. Even though he had lost his license, he wasn't stupid and he cared about you enough to not steal your skeleton.

You just wished you had enough energy to help work on the nursery. He had to call in Heavy to help put the finishing touches on it.

"We'll be the best family we can be," he said quietly. "We won't be perfect but that's OK."

You nodded sleepily in agreement. You could still feel his arms around you, holding you tight as you slipped into sleep.

He had gotten flowers for the nursery too, right next to the cradle.

You swore, the baby had that little curl of hair that Medic had.

You worked to calm down the sobbing child, rocking him back and forth gently. Danny was the most precious thing in your life right now, right next to Medic. It was your turn to stop his crying. It was stressful and you just wanted to go back and curl under the covers next to Medic again. But you were so caught by this child. He was a little angel.

Nothing was perfect. But it'd all turn out okay.