Romeo and Juliet (Sniper x Reader)

I'm slowly but surly getting these done, and I promise I'll get to all requests soon. Requested by mistyfade

   The tires screeched against the road as Sniper's van raced down the highway.

   "Can't believe the Admin let us be away for a while night," he said, taking a sip of the cola he had in the cup holder.

   You nodded and turned another page in your book. Sniper had bought you a cola too but you hadn't really touched it, too engrossed in what you were reading. The sound of a flame flickering and a smoky scent filled the air- he'd lit a cigarette as he drove.

   "What are you reading, love?"

  "Romeo and Juliet," you replied.

   He chuckled. "I thought that was a play. Not something you read."

  "Well they turned it into a novel," you explained.

  "The story seems silly to me," he said. "Two blokes kill themselves over each other after knowing the other for three days."

   "Have you even seen the play?" You asked him with a laugh. "There's sword fights and dick jokes. You might actually like it aside from the romance."

   Sniper wasn't one for romance, which was kinda disappointing considering you had a slight crush on him. You were just glad he considered you a friend, a surprise since he tended to be a loner. Usually when he went out to camp he went solo, but this time he was taking you during the ceasefire. Again, surprising the Administrator let you go.

  "Didn't Shakespeare make a lot of dick jokes in his plays?" He asked. You nodded.

  "Here, I've got one for ya," the Australian said.

   "Oh no," you laughed, pretending to he scared. "What is it?"

   "So this fireman, he climbs up into a girls room to save her since her house is on fire," he started out. "He says 'you're the third pregnant girl I've saved this week!' She raises her eyebrows and said, 'but I'm not pregnant?' The fireman just winks and says 'Not yet you aren't. I haven't saved you yet.'

   You chuckled softly and rolled your eyes. Sniper probably had some book full of jokes in the back of his van. He told a lot, usually dirty ones. "Just shut up and drive, Snipes," you said playfully.

------------------------------------------------------

   You had to hand it to the Australian, he sure knew how to pick a camping spot. The light pollution from Teufort usually blocked out most of the stars, but here they were crystal clear. You had a book on constellations; you'd probably get it out and work on identifying some. A river ran nearby and your sleeping spot was under a cliff. The red earth had several trees growing out of it but it was mostly wide open desert. As you both unpacked, the sun began to go down, giving everything an eerie golden glow like honey.

   "Sniper this place is... wow." You said.

   "It's beautiful," he said, staring ad the sunset as he unrolled his sleeping bag.

   If this was some cheesy romance novel, he would've turned to you and said 'but not as beautiful as you.' But this was real life and Sniper didn't call things beautiful often. He was a rough assassin after all. You began to collect sticks for the fire, searching especially for sassafras since it burned when wet and the river had made some of the wood wet.

   It wasn't long until you two had a nice fire and were chowing down on the snacks you'd brought along. It was peaceful. Occasionally you could hear an especially loud car from the highway but for the most part all sounds of civilization were gone. It was a good reading atmosphere and you were cuddled up in your sleeping bag reading more R&J when Sniper said, "put that book down, let me tell you a real story."

    You were game for that. Sniper had good stories even if some of them were definitely tall tales. Most centered around his childhood in the outback. Some touched on his job as a hitman he had before coming to Teufort, but he didn't talk about that part of his life too much. Apparently this was one of those rare stories.

    "This one happened about, oh, maybe ten years ago," he started. "I was supposed to take out some criminal, a real nasty bloke. Apparently he'd murdered several girls and was hiding in the desert. There was a bounty on him, you see, that's what I was after. But my car broke down in the middle of nowhere. I decided to tail this guy on foot since I was pretty sure he was nearby. So I'm walking through the desert and I find myself at this cliff. I was using it as a good place to look around for this guy but I was dumb and got too close to the edge. It crumbled under my weight and I ended up falling, tumbling down. I hit the bottom and my head was a mess but I was just glad I hadn't hit this cactus that was there coming down!" He laughed. "Anyway, I got up, grabbed my sniper rifle, and continued along but suddenly he jumped out at me!" Sniper finished that sentence by grabbing you by the shoulders and pouncing on you, pushing you against your sleeping bag.

   "You asshole!" You cried out, trying to push him away. He roared with laughter and got off of you. Thank goodness he didn't end up awkwardly straddling your hips or something weird like that.
"You're such a child," you said with a laugh, sitting back up. He just smiled.
After you'd recovered from your scare, you began to look at the stars.

   "For a real story," Sniper said. "When I was a kid my mum would always love the stars. And she made me watch them with her sometimes. At first I didn't like it but as I got older and I got more interested in the outdoors it wasn't so much of a chore anymore."

  You knew the Sniper fought with his dad often, but overall still loved both his parents to death. You started telling him memories about your parents and childhood too. When you got up to your teenage years, he rolled over to face you. "Ya ever have a boyfriend? Or girlfriend if that's your thing."

   "Yeah once," you said. "I mean obviously it's not still a thing." You paused. "Why?"
Sniper pulled his hat down lower over his face and laid back. If it was up, you would be able to see a soft red tint on his cheeks.

   "Just curious," he said. "I wanted to know because I wanted to know if it was possible... if it was possible to go after ya. With your consent, of course."

   You felt yourself lean back a bit in surprise. The Sniper, the lone bushman... actually returned your feelings?"

  You went over near him and leaned over him. "Y-you mean you feel... you have a crush on me?" You asked.

   He nodded and swallowed. "And if you're okay with it... I'd like to kiss ya."

   "Oh of course!" You exclaimed and then giggled. "Go ahead."

   Sniper sat up and tentatively wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you close. He leaned forward and pressed his lips to your forehead and then your lips, kissing passionately. You wrapped your arms up and around his neck, knocking off his hat and running your fingers through his hair. He started off gentle but got more passionate, kissing and even nipping at your bottom lip, causing you to gasp. He pulled back after the need for air forced him too.

   "Oi," he murmured, blushing madly. "That was enjoyable. Better than Romeo and Juliet?" He asked.

  You laughed. "Better than Romeo and Juliet."