Aquarium Date (Engineer x Reader)

Requested by Pixelmainia. I'm opening requests again so request away!

The fish stared at you, it's large, bulbuls eyes blinking slowly. It's fins paddled it softly through the water and it darted behind a rock. It was a very ugly fish.

"Looks kinda like the Doc," a Texan accent spoke behind you with a chuckle.

"I heard zhat."

Today was a ceasefire, so you and your team had all decided to take a trip to the Teufort aquarium. Everyone was acting fairly child like. Scout threw cheese puffs into the tanks that were open, exiting the fish. Pyro had bought a clownfish stuffed animal at the gift shop. Demo was making faces at the fish and an octopus in a large tank. Spy was intently starting at a group of spycrabs in a tank.

"Hey Engie," you said, walking on to another tank, this one filled with sea stars. He followed you, peering in.

"Y'know I saw a big fish guiding around a bunch of little fish and it reminded me of the Administrator and us."

You burst out laughing. "Hey did you know sea stars can have up to 14 legs?"

"Now that just ain't right," he said.

You had to admit you had a crush on the Texan but he tended to be too invested in his work to worry about love. The poor man hardly slept it seemed! You wondered what it was like to spend all his time with machines.

One of the aquarium keepers was feeding the octopus, tossing it shrimp and crab. You and Engineer watched the creature swim around and use it's arms to scoop food.

"Octopuses are cute," Engineer said quietly, smiling.

"They really are," you said.

Just then you heard giggling behind you. Two little boys were running around your and Engineer's feet, wrapping string around your ankles so you were tied together.

"Hey!" Engineer said to the kid. "Untie us!"

The kids just giggled and ran off, leaving you pressed to your friend by the octopus tank.

"This is... this is certainly something..." He said slowly.

You laughed. "Where were that kid's parents?"

Engineer shrugged.

You waited a few minutes, awkwardly pressed together until Spy walked over, holding a spycrab.

"Spai!" Engineer said. "Can you untie us?"

"Oui but you must do something for me first," he said.

"What's that?" You asked.

A smirk crossed the Frenchman's face. "Kiss," he ordered

"What?"

"What."

"Kiss," the Spy repeated. "Listen everyone knows you two love each other so just kiss already and I'll untie you!"

You glanced at Engineer. "Is-is that true?" You asked.

The Texan's cheeks were a dark red and he nodded. "Y-yeah..." He said.

"Kiss!"

"Shut up, Spai!" He said before pressing his lips to yours.

It was a sweet kiss and he wrapped his arms around your waist. You brought your arms around his neck, almost knocking off his helmet. After you two broke for air, Spy let the spycrab go. It snipped the rope.

"Well then..." Engineer said.

You just wrapped your arms around his waist. "Come on," you said, giggling. "The aquarium gift shop sells cotton candy. Let's go get some."

"It's a date," Engineer said, kissing your cheek.