Grapes and A Drive

*Axel*

It was Saturday. The day I was stressing over for two days. And this morning Ryan and I were going to the farmer's market to grab fresh vegetables then go back to his place for lunch. Fucking hell.

"I'll see ya monday, okay Mr. Rodgers?" Aaron confirmed with a plate of food for tonight incase his parents forgot to feed him again. He had stayed the night again with Jared up in his room and I was close to calling the police for neglect on his parents' asses.

"Ya sure kid, see you later." After that I dropped off Jack and Jared to Leah who greeted them outside of the apartment buildings. I then drove to the outdoor market and arrived to the crowded parking lot next to a black Chevy, it seemed a bit too sleek to be in this area of town but hey, I don't judge on people's car choices. After I parked I dialed Ryan's number.

"Hello Axel?" His deep voice answered the phone and sent a shiver down my spine.

"Hey Ryan, I just pulled in." The person in the Chevy exited their car.

"You in a silver pick-up?"

"Yes how did you-" there was a knock on my window and I jumped, rolled down the window and made eye contact with sharp blue eyes. "Hello Ryan...." I for some reason talked into the receiver. A smirk erupted across his face.

"Hello Axel," he responded back into the phone as I had but with more playful banter. We both turned off our phones and I stepped out of my car, locked it, and faced him.

"So um....how have you been?" My timid voice asked him, even though I tried to keep an unconcerned emotion on my face. Ryan's deep chuckle entered the 7 foot space between us.

"I've been well, and you?" He asked with polite manners. Ryan stood with one hand in his pocket and the other hanging at his side, the shirt he chose to wear was a simple grey button up and a nicer pair of pants with a belt to tie the entire outfit together. Even I had to admit, the man dressed good. I shrugged in responce to his question.

"Alright I guess."

"That's good. Let's get going then."

And for the next half an hour we explored the area, he bought things we needed and even got me a bag of grapes to munch on. I love me some grapes. And the best part was, Ryan never pressed me for anything. He didn't try to hold my hand or try to pry into my personal life. When we were finished we bother walked to our cars.

"Alright so I'll follow you back to your place?" I asked him after I opened the door to my car.

"Yes of course. It's actually not that far from here." And with that he went to his vehicle. We pulled out, so I took that time to reflect. First and foremost Ryan needed to know about my sons. He needed to know that they are the center of my life and while I was on that topic, that I'm at my most vulnerable time of my life. The divorce was next week and I didn't need anything discouraging now more than ever.

But so far Ryan was.....perfect. he made me comfortable. He made me forget about this stress and forgot about my aching heart if only for a while.

I soon realized that Ryan had pulled into the driveway of a modern house. It hit me that right now was where I'd find out more about him and him about me.

.......was I ready for that?