The Day Before

*Ryan*

I've been up all night with Royal at my feet. My mind wouldn't let me relax at all, wouldn't let me calm down. It was going a mile a minute and dragging me along with it.

It's the day before the divorce court case and Axel is laying right next to me awake as ever as well. I moved in with him three days ago, brought Royal with me too. He got along great with Crumble and the two of them were nearly inseparable. Where ever one was the other wasn't too far behind. Royal even growled at Jack when he went to play with Axel's dog.

Two days ago we got a call from my lawyer who took over Axel's case. He may not be able to get Jared for him. He's been on edge ever since and never really talked about it. So he spent most of these last days with Jared, and with Jared came Aaron.

I hurt for him, I care for these kids already. I'd do anything but this was one of those anythings that can't solve. This was legal matters and I didn't have any jurisdiction there.

We had both gone into work at the beginning of the week but took off two days ago and have off another three.

"Ryan are you up?" Axel asked as he turned over to face me. I leaned up on my elbow to look at him better.

"Ya," I responded and wrapped one arm around him.

"What time is it?" His voice was very raspy and when I went to caress his face there were tears.

"Early." I answered. I wiped under his eyes, clearing away the wetness. "You should try to sleep, tomorrow is a big day."

His body shook lightly and I pulled him to rest against me. Slowly he became limp in my arms as his breathing evened out.

When I woke up again it was around 7:00. The dogs were laying on the foot of the bed, curled around each other. Royal was emitting a purring kind of sound as Crumble licked the fur of the back of his neck. Royal pulled his head back and somehow got Crumble to completely relax to rest his head on top of the brown and white dog. Damn they were cute.

Axel was still asleep, curled into a ball on his side facing me. I brushed his cheeks with my finger before his gorgeous green eyes fluttered open.

"Geez, your breath smells bad." Were the first words out of his mouth.

"Good morning to you too asshole." I rolled my eyes at him. I smirked at him and rolled over top of him, trapping his body under mine.

"Don't you do it," he growled at me but I narrowed my eyes playfully.

"Oh I'll do it."

"No!" He exclaimed as I leaned down and kissed him all over his face. The dogs were woken up and they scrambled off the bed as Axel kicked his feet out. "Motherfucker no!" He laughed and pushed my face away. He had the muscles to.

We rolled around on the bed playing around, Crumble barking while Royal giving a bitch face but I didn't care. Axel rolled over top of me and pinned me by the waist, hands held my head back. So I wrapped my legs around the back of his thighs and pushed him back to the middle of the bed.

"You're mine now," I grinned as I kissed him all over. His laughs filled the air and I could tell this is exactly what he needed. We relaxed again only for Jack to burst through the door.

"Saige and Gillen are here. Quit having sex and come meet them." He said before leaving again.

"But we're not!" Axel yelled out. "And why are they here so damn early?"

"Because, they work out in the morning and before bed." Jack yelled back but was already down the steps.

"Keep it in your pants in this house boy!" Axel yelled threateningly as he got up and pulled up his pants. I got up too and pulled up my pants while Axel threw my shirt at my head. "Go brush your teeth ya nasty." He commanded me with hands on his hips.

"Yes sir," I mock saluted. He flipped me off and pushed me out the door to grab my toothbrush before I 'dare put my face anywhere near his'.

I went and finished this before going downstairs to see the twins from last week in the livingroom conversing with Axel and the rest of the family.

"Hello, I'm Ryan." I introduced to the two going to sit on the couch. Both of them looked at me like they recognized me but didn't know where.

"My name is Saige and this is Gillen." One spoke up. They had a different accent, hard to place but somewhere in Europe I'd have to say. Gillen, the slightly smaller one of the two, didn't move to speak. Maybe he just didn't like to.

"Nice to meet you both." I nodded at them. The conversation there after was more from the boys. Axel and I were sitting together, him curled against my side not really minding that the looked weaker than normal. He was intently listening to how the boys interacted together. The twins, as we came to find out, were actually good people. I could tell that Axel felt uneasy with the twins being three years older, putting Jack at eighteen, but he trusted Jack to be responsible.

By noon we all decided we were hungry so I grabbed Axel's hand and we went to the kitchen. Both Royal and Crumble were with each other again. This time they were grooming one another with their tongues. Before Axel could get started on anything I pulled him into my chest and wrapped my arms around him. He let out a shuttering breath because he knew as well as I did what was going to happen tomorrow. The verdict was clear already from when my lawyer called.

"I'm scared," he admitted with his face buried in my shoulder. I rubbed his back.

"I am too." I answered him as we stayed there. Both dogs noticed Axel's sadness and clicked their nails against the floor while they walked over to us. Axel sank to the ground and gathered both medium sized dogs under his arms and hugged them. His hands went through their fur but Royal didn't growl this time. Instead, the black dog licked his face and hands while Crumble crawled into Axel's lap. I smiled at them before staring on lunch.

---------------------------------

Hey guys!! So sorry for not undating in forever. Finals week had me so stressed out. Still got two more days of it then out of school for the summer~ updates will be more regular now promise.