Meet the Rodgers Boys

*Ryan*

It was actually a peaceful night. My mind wasn't racing for the first time, I hadn't needed music to tone me down, all I needed was Axel's steady breathing. And the best feeling ever was waking up to his warm body pressed against mine. I've felt this before but with Axel it felt different, but not the cheesy different.

The kinda different that makes you wanna keep doing the different. The addicting kinda different. And as Axel turned into my chest and took a deep breath I couldn't help but crave this kinda different.

His green eyes fluttered open and that cute blush splashed across his cheeks.

"Good morning." He mumbled out, his voice gravely. That could easily be something I could get used to as well. I chuckled at him.

"Good morning," I responded and hugged him close. Now that I was awake my ADHD wouldn't let me fall asleep so this was gonna be fun. We relaxed for a little bit until his dog clawed at the door. So then it was pulling ourselves out of his very comfortable bed and then pulled on our shirts.

"So, I guess you're going to meet my kids today." He looked at the ground before he made eye contact with me, blue clashing with green. "Okay. Jack is probably not going to like you at first and Jared might be weary of you but because his best friend Aaron is here he might be more open." Axel informed me and I took mental notes. "Let Jack make the first move towards you and make sure he can see both hands at all times. Basically, treat him like a T-Rex because he will rip you a new one. And with Jared just use kind words."

"Alright, so just don't be an asshole. Gotcha." I smirked and I could literally see the shiver course through him. He took my hand and lead me down the steps to find two kids that look like him and one that looked the near opposite. To say that at the moment it was awkward was an extreme understatement.

"Dad, who is he?" The oldest looking one asked, he assumed a position in front of the smaller black haired child.

"Boys this is Ryan. The man I've decided to start seeing. He's going to help us make sure you don't have to see Leah ever again. Ryan, these are my boys, Jack, Jared, and Jared's best friend Aaron. He's practically my third son." Axel seemed tense, really hoping they liked me as he pointed out each one. I wouldn't blame them if they didn't, I have a tendency to come off as a sarcastic asshole.

Jack took his step closer so I took one forward as well. Everyone in the room was collectively holding their breath. This continued until Jack and I were about a foot and a half apart. His bold eyes narrowed as he examined me but I didn't back down to him. He stuck out his hand and I grabbed it.

Everyone released their breath as Jack and I grinned at each other for a brief moment.

"I like you Ryan. I'll let you see my Father. Don't fuck this up."

"I wouldn't dream of it." And for the moment, everything was okay.