Dangerous

Alise groaned, blinking the sleep away from her eyes. The sunlight streamed through her window and nearly blinded her when she tried to roll over. Key word here is tried.

Narrowing her eyes at the thing holding her down, she soon realized they were a pair of arms. Her breath caught in her throat. Following the bony limbs up to the person’s body , she almost screamed.

Jeff was there, his face buried in her pillow. “Jeff,” she hissed, trying to nudge him awake. “Jeff!” she grunted, shoving him harder. She only succeeded in making him pull her tighter to him. She groaned under the extra pressure, trying to writhe her way out of his grip. “You’re hurting me,” she muttered more to herself than to him, knowing he was likely not awake.

“You’ll be fine,” he grunted. His husky voice was even scratchier than usual, sending chills down her spine. Trying to fight the feeling working its way into her stomach, she wriggled again, trying her damndest to get away. “Don’t move,” he moaned, dipping his head closer to hers. Who knew Jeff the Killer was a cuddler?

“I have to get up,” she muttered, placing both hands on his chest. Alise wanted to shove him away to prove her point, but she just didn’t have it in her after last night. The thought of the men who almost raped her made her clench her fists, scratching his bare chest in the process. Jeff grunted again, shifting closer to her.

“Don’t do that,” he growled close to her ear, making her shiver involuntarily.

“Sorry,” she mumbled, hiding her face. After a few moments of sitting in silence, only the sound of Jeff’s breathing and heartbeat to keep her company, she tried to wiggle free again. Jeff groaned, tightening his arms around her.

“Will you stop that?” he hissed, moving them to a comfortable position again. Alise groaned.

“I want to get up, you ass!” she snarled, digging her nails into his arm. She was kind of afraid to dig them into his chest again—the voice he used when he told her to stop both frightened and exhilarated her. He sighed, rubbing his face against her neck. She froze at the unwanted contact.

“Do you trust me?” he whispered close to her face, his nose just brushing her jaw line. She shivered under the light touch, mentally fighting away any form of attraction.

“Not as far as I could throw you,” she muttered, pulling her head away from his. His eyes darkened considerably and he pulled her back.

“Why not?” he muttered, his face close to hers. She could feel his breath on her nose, and she almost shuddered at their proximity to each other. She scowled at him, giving another determined push to his chest, but to no avail.

“Because you tried to kill me,” she stated like it was obvious. It actually was. She should never have let him in her house, much less her bed. I should call the cops, she thought. But she had been thinking that a lot lately… she had just never acted on it. The one time she tried, Jeff stood in her way. And she hadn’t stopped him.

“I’m not now,” he pointed out, drawing circles lazily on her skin with the tip of his finger. Alise sighed, letting her head fall back onto her pillow. The crusted blood from the night before crackled as she moved her head, and the throbbing returned tenfold. She grunted, putting a hand to her temple and rubbing soothing circles there. Jeff frowned.

“Does your head hurt?”

“Like a bitch.”

His arms loosened on her and he went to sit up, giving Alise the perfect moment to roll off the bed ungracefully. She landed with an ‘oomph’ before standing up and jogging to the bathroom, making sure to avoid Jeff as he jumped off the bed.