Betrayal Pt. 2

But I don’t care

Maybe I’m afraid but still I swear

You could take my life with conscience clear

But you should still hear that

If I burn, you will see

The fire in your mind when you sleep

And if I rise up in smoke around your eyes

You’ll know it’s me.

Alise cringed to herself when Jane pulled Jeff up by the armpits and flopped him onto a steel surgery table. Walking behind her, she eyed the unconscious man briefly before glancing back at Jane. “What are you going to do?” she questioned, eyes darkening slightly.

“Make him pay,” Jane muttered darkly, cutting her eyes at Alise. “Don’t you want him to pay for what he did to you? He took away your sense of well-being. He made you fight to survive. He takes away lives and souls, Alise,” she growled, moving forward to grip her by the shoulders. “Don’t you want him to suffer like we have?”

“Yes,” Alise said blankly, putting a hand on Jane’s. “Of course, Jane.”

Jane smiled, her eyes widening slightly. “Oh, I knew you would. I knew you would,” she let go, giggling quietly to herself as she began to ready her instruments of death on a table beside the one Jeff was on. “Restrain him, will you?” Jane asked gruffly.

Alise made her way slowly around to Jeff’s side, taking the leather straps and fastening them around his ankles and wrists. She loosened the one on his wrist nearest to the table full of scalpels and saws. Fighting chance, at least, she mused.

She didn’t plan on letting Jeff die… probably.

Jane was jittery, moving around and picking up weapons then setting them back down, talking to herself all the while. Alise for the most part ignored it, watching Jeff as he began to stir. He’s going to kill me, she thought. And I’ll probably deserve it.

Despite everything he had done to her, she couldn’t bring herself to kill him that morning in her living room. And she definitely doubted she could finish it now.

She watched him stir, his eyes losing their glazed over appearance as he checked around the room, trying to move his arms. His eyes immediately went to Alice, and the betrayal she saw there tore her. He deserved it, her subconscious urged. He hurt you. He hurt you. He hurt you. She repeated that mantra over and over as she tore her eyes away from him to look at Jane, who had a wide grin on her black lips.

“Ah, Jeff, dear,” she purred, sauntering up to him. Ew, Alise thought. She was pretty… provocative for someone who was planning on killing him. She tried to ignore the way she swung her hips from side to side as she came forward, leaning over Jeff. He frowned, eyes narrowing on her. “Do you remember me?” her voice suddenly turned cold.

He said nothing, but it was obvious from the way he sneered at her that he did. She cackled a bit, pulling a nasty looking serrated blade from the table. “Come, join in, Alise,” she cooed, curling her fingers at her invitingly. She took a few faltering steps forward, gingerly taking a butcher knife from the table and testing out the point on her fingertip. It brought a drop of blood readily to the surface, which dripped down the length of her finger.