Chapter 8

"Hey Mommy! Mommy can I go to the park with Eloise tomorrow?" Kai asked, jumping over to his mother. "Can I? Can I?"

"No, Kai. And stop doing that. You don't want the Watchmen to see you." She grapped the eight year old's arm and pulled him to the ground.

"But mooommyyyy-"

"Kai. The answer is no. I don't want you to slip up and do something you aren't supposed to do. Eloise can come over here. Where you're safe."

"I don't want to be safe! I want to have fun!"

"Your kind of fun will get someone killed."

Without another word, her son pouted and stormed off to his room.

Everything was safe for him. Everything was bolted to the floor, nothing was there and avalible for him to throw. There was no way he could play, nothing he could play with. His flat was boring.

Unlike Louis'. He loved going over to his flat. With all of the pretty lights and the toys and the music. He loved it.

Louis let hiim do whatever he wanted too. Louis would let him pick up all of the heavy things in his house. He could jump around as high as he wanted to. He could speed through his home and crash whatever he wanted.

His mother did not realzie his strength. That was the problem. She was scared that he would hurt himself because he wasn't strong enough. That had to be the reason.

He felt the need to show her what he coud do. He wanted her to see that he was old enough to do things on his own. After all he was a big kid now. He grabbed a hold of his bed and pulled it up from the floor with little effort, making the wodden boards break and shards fly everywhere.

He walked into the kitchen and shouted for his mother to look at him. "Mommy look! Look what I can do!"

She turned to look and dropped the knife she had in her hand. She backed into the wall as her breathing got faster.

"Mom what's wrong?" He asked, still holding his bed in his hands. "Isn't this cool? I can pick it up, all by myself. Look how strong I am-"

"KAI THOMPSON PUT THAT DOWN RIGHT NOW!"

This caught him off guard. Normally she'd just stay there, mumbling to herself. This time though..."But Mom-"

"I said go put it down!"

He huffed and dropped his bed right in front of him. She told him to drop it, didn't she? He was only following what she said.

"I dropped it!" He shouted. "Happy?"

"Kai stop being a smart ass and take that back to your room!"

He grunted and picked it up again, with little effort.

Screaming and shouting. Screaming and shouting. That's all what his mother did. That's all his mother ever did. Ever since he could remember, that's all she had done with him. Scream, shout, and cry.

He never understood why his mother was so hostile towards him. Sometimes it even seemed like she was scared. But Aadila was never scared of him. Even after what he did to her when he was younger, she still loved him and cared for him no matter what.

Kai was fixing the bed in his room. It was bothering him that it wasn't straight. He tried to turn it one way, but then it looked crooked. He lifted it and put it another way. Now it was sinking into the space one of the missing floorboards would have taken up.

He was about to throw it out of the wnidow in frustration, when he heard the front door open. "Hey," he heard. "Is Kai here?"

He sped out the room at lightning speed and screamed, "Louis you're here!" He tackled the young man, knocking him down to the floor. "Louis! You're here! You're here!"