|| three || the intruder ||

"Oi, don't forget ha? Bukas ng gabe, double date tayo," Patricia reminded Maine once again. Maine rolled her eyes as she transferred the phone to her other ear, rested the device between her ears and shoulder as she continued to mix a salad for dinner.

"Yes, pang ilan mo ng reminder yan sakin sa isang oras na pag uusap natin sa phone no!" she said in annoyance.

"You will like this guy, he is gorgeous and may dimples," Patricia giggled, with the mention of dimples, Maine immediately thought of her strange next door neighbor, the one person she was currently watching from her window. He was inside his house and the lights were on, Maine could see him reading a thick book sitting on his sofa, topless and drinking another bottle of beer.

Ever since their encounter yesterday afternoon, Maine could not stop thinking about him. She was curious, because how could a guy that gorgeous live alone? He looked just a couple years older than her, he was well-built and judging from his actions, Maine could tell he was a high-paying professional. But his face, his face was innocent with a pair of sad and distant eyes like his soul left him entirely and he was just a walking body at present but he was no doubt, gorgeous looking with that killer dimple he displayed without even smiling.

Wait, did Marian say that her cousin was going to be her new neighbor? They could be cousins, they had similar features such as the fairness of their skins and the dimples on their cheeks. And didn't Marian say her cousin was a doctor too? A vet perhaps? But this new guy didn't even look like a doctor, he looked like a lost drunke considering how many times Maine had seen him open a bottle of beer.

No, it couldn't be. But then it was possible that Sam's veterinary friend whom Patricia was to set her up with, was no other than that PJ guy or whatever his name was, the guy next door.

"Hoy, Maine. Are you still there ba?" Patricia's voice brought her back to her senses.

"Sorry, I was thinking about something,"

"Anyways, this guy is gorgeous talaga, Maine. He's a nature lover, palagi siyang out of town and he's into poli-"

"OH MY GOD!" Maine found herself drooling when she saw the new guy started doing exercises in his living room. Maine had a clear view of his butt, his sexy butt. He was pulling himself up on bar by the doorway, his manly chest glistening with sweat and the V on his hips were just ... Maine could feel her throat going dry at the sight.

"Maine?! Maine? What's happening?" Patricia asked, in panic. Maine immediately looked away and went straight to her kitchen to get a glass of water, she could feel her throat going dry and her body warmed up and she didn't know why. The same time, Patricia was demanding explanations as to why she just sounded surprised.

"May bago kasi akong neighbor, and he's kinda hot medyo weird lang kasi mag isa lang siya,"

"Mag isa ka rin naman diba?"

"Yeah, alam mo iyon movie The Road at iyon character ni Alden Richards na parang psycho?," she said,

Patricia giggled on the other line, "Kaya ka napa OH MY GOD?"

"Mag isa lang siya sa bagong bahay, with only his pet husky. He has this look na parang anghel pero you know with psycho tendencies and I just saw him doing push ups sa living room niya kaya napa Oh My God ako,"

"Ewan ko sayo, Maine."

"Baka ex-convict to na naisipan na dito na lang sa Tagaytay tumira,"

"Hoy, Maine. Huwag ka nga mang takot diyan! Napapraning ako, mag isa ka pa naman diyan at medyo secluded iyon lugar mo,"