|| seven || girls talk ||

"Maine, parang inistorbo ata kita?" Patricia asked,

Maine sighed and headed straight to her room. Nini following close behind her. She was tired for the day but she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep because of that almost kiss with RJ in her doorstep. She'd turned off all the lights on her way to her bedroom.

"Hay naku Patricia," she sighed. She felt giddy, she felt like she was going to burst out of happiness but half of her was still confused. She wanted him to kiss her, but why was she also relieved that it didn't happen? She wanted to tell her best friend about her close encounter with the hot doctor next door but she knew Patricia would be more excited with the idea that she was finally seeing someone, she didn't want to talk about her feelings for RJ just yet, it was too early and beside, the moment maybe the result of too much wine. "I'm just getting ready for bed," she told her best friend, putting her phone on speake mr phone so she could change into her pajamas while still talking to Patricia.

She wanted this phone call to end as soon as possible. "OK, saan ka buong araw? I was texting you the whole day and di ka man lang nagrereply!"

Maine rolled her eyes, "Napaka clingy mo minsan ano? And I'm surprise Sam hasn't gotten tired of your clinginess,"

"Sam is used to it na, pero anyways I called because I want to invite you for a girls day out tomorrow,"

"Oh, I need that! And oh! I can invite Marian along too,"

"Marian Dantes? Sure! And Valeen! Tayong apat!" Patricia said excitedly. Maine grinned.

"I really need this time to relax," she said in a low tone.

"Why? Ba't parang stress ka?"

"I'm not stressed, I just need some girlie time," Maine answered, and she was glad that she was given an opportunity to distance herself from RJ for a day, just a day. She didn't think she could face him tomorrow after their almost kiss, it would be too awkward. She felt right to avoid him tomorrow and gather courage to act norma the next time they see each other.

"Sige, you call Marian while I call Valeen to tell them about tomorrow," Patricia said, and Maine nodded. They said their goodbyes and once they hung up the phone, Maine immediately dialled Marian's number.

"Hey, Yan! Good evening!"

"Oh, Maine. Napatawag ka?"

"I just want to say thanks for kanina ha? And my bestfriend Patricia invited me for a girlie day out tomorrow, shopping then some spa and would like to invite you as well if available ka,"

"Oh my gosh! Yes please! And perfect kasi nandito sila Mama so may bantay si Zia," Maine could detect the relief on Marian's voice. It was obvious that her friend needed a break from her motherhood. "But since it's Sunday tomorrow, susunod na lang ako sa inyo after shopping kasi family lunch is a must talaga dito sa bahay eh, so text me na lang ha?"

"Sige, allright. See you tomorrow, Yan!"

"See you!" Marian happily bid her goodnight before they hung up, she then proceeded to text Patricia to ask about the time they were supposed to meet.

She laid down on her bed, staring at the ceiling wondering what it would feel like if Patricia didn't have a case of bad timing and RJ actually kissed her. She smiled at the thought and then frowned. It was wrong of course, she barely knew the guy. They'd only been acquainted for three days! She was surprised at how fast he had gained her trust, she was surprised with herself at how fast she allowed him to break down her walls.

With him, she forgot about the walls she'd built around her for the past year. With him, she allowed to let her guard down and it was something that alarmed her. It confused her big time and she needed to step out and analyze it before trusting herself to be alone with him again.