|| twenty-three || wedding vows ||

Maine had all the decisions on her wedding, she wanted it to be so perfect, she wanted one quite similar to her grandparents and so she did

Maine had all the decisions on her wedding, she wanted it to be so perfect, she wanted one quite similar to her grandparents and so she did. With the help of Patricia and Valeen and their amazing organizational skills, she was able to design and brought to life her childhood dream wedding in less than a month. She was strict and particular about the time, and every last detail she saw to it that it was all in perfection.

RJ left her and the girls to do all the planning while he recovered from his wound. He went back to work two weeks after they'd arrived home from Bulacan. While Maine immediately started working on her new project, which was to improve her favorite spot by the lake where she and RJ had their first unofficial date after Zia's christening. She had someone built a big white gazebo that served as an altar for the wedding ceremony.

It was a special place for her, because it was where her grandfather also married her grandmother and it was the birth of Vineyard De Mendozas.

They didn't want any wedding gifts, instead they asked their guests to simply money to Brgy New Kababae's housing development project. Originally, Maine organized a fundraising for that charity project but then she and RJ decided to ask their guests to donate instead of buying them wedding gifts, when they had all the materials things they needed anyway.

The day before their wedding, Maine stayed at her grandfather's mansion along with her family while RJ and his family were accommodated by the Danteses. They weren't supposed to see each other before the wedding but they constantly texted each other, assuring each other that there was no way they'd back out.

On the sixteenth of July, was their Tamang Panahon.
Since Zia and Ysabella were too young to walk down the aisle as their flower girl, Nini did the honors. Every gushed at how cute she was with her own specially made lacey dress, and using her mouth she carried a basket full of flowers as she walked the aisle. Philip was chosen to be a ring bearer too, he had a small leather pouch hanged loosely around his neck. His head was up as he strut on the aisle, loving the attention people were giving him. While cute little Matti in his black suit with black bow tie was the Bible bearer who walked with Philip.

Everyone they loved were there, even Lucy, even Miss Ai, even the staff and workers of the Vineyard. Even RJ's father who Maine managed to track down with the help of her auntie fron the states, came all the way to attend their wedding- much to RJ's surprise, they had a beautiful and emotional father and son reunion.

When it was time for the bride to walk down the aisle, everyone held their breaths. Maine arrived riding her white horse Destiny and then was helped out by Manong Jose who was dressed in white suit, like a royal guard and then she gracefully walked down the short aisle in her long simple but lacey wedding dress, covered in her white veil and carrying a bouquet of white lillies. The saxophone version of Wonderful Tonight played in the background

RJ watched her with his eyes glistening with tears, he looked so proud and he was very emotional; he felt his father patted his shoulder and he smiled at the woman who was slowly walking towards him. She too had tears in her eyes, her eyes never leaving his.

She was greeted by her parents in the middle of the aisle and escorted her to altar. RJ held the back of Teodoro's hand and pressed it on his forehead, and then kissed Mary Ann on the cheek.

"Welcome to our family na din, hijo," Teodoro smiled at him. He nodded with a smile.

They walked to the altar together, with RJ holding on to her hands tightly like he was afraid to let her go.

The ceremony immediately started, and it was beautiful and solemn and quick and when they were asked to say their vows. RJ was ready.

Looking in her eyes and holding her hands near his chest, he smiled at her and she tearfully looked back at him with the same loving gaze. "Nicomaine, my love. I promise that you are my number one priority, to be a faithful and loving husband and also to our future children, to be your protector, to be your best friend, to be your breakfast buddy and your dinner date. I love you with all my soul and I promise na liligawan pa rin kita araw-araw for the rest of my life, I cannot wait to build a new life with you, Mrs Richard Faulkerson Jr." He was in tears and Maine giggled as she wiped the tears from his face.

She was getting emotional too, "Richard, you broke the walls I built for a long time. You came right in time and had been guardian angel, you're always my hero and you're like my special kind of wine, you're very good for my heart." She chuckled as their guests continued to "awwwws and ohhhs". RJ smiled and kissed the back of her hand, "I promised to be a good and loving wife, I promise to learn how to cook some more dish so we won't be eating bacon and eggs every morning," she joked, and the guests all laughed. "I promise that I will you my number priority no matter what and I promise that I will give you children as many as you like,"

RJ raised an eyebrow, "Kahit gusto ko 24?" He teased,

She giggled, "I love you so much,"

"I love you so much," He whispered,

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife,"

They sealed their love with a long and passionate kiss as half of the golden sun hid behind the lake and the sky turned a bright shade of orange, it was the perfect sunset and it was Maine's dream coming true, and she shared it with just the right person.

They kissed for more than a minute until Teodoro cleared his throat.

❤️❤️❤️
Short and sweet diba? Haha
One more chapter and we'll be saying goodbye na to Doc RJ and Maine.
But rest assured, I will continue with my other fanfics that I put on hold.

Hit me up @PaboritoNiLola

Thank you sa lahat na nagbasa, naiyak at natawa at kinilig sa story na ito. Thank you po talaga, yoh have no idea how it made me passionate about writing again.
That's why sobrang mahal ko rin yun Aldub because they brought me back to my childhood hobby. Before this 10 years ako walang gana sumulat ng stories.
Writing was like my sanctuary kasi. ☺️

So maraming maraming salamat po and
Happy 58th Weeksary! Wooohoo Regine!