|| five || vineyard tour ||

Nini and Philip's sleeping heads huddled together by the back porch, while their owners were once again having breakfast together.

Maine didn't want to admit it but she was actually enjoying the company of an opposite sex. She and RJ never seemed to run out of things to talk about. RJ was a genius, he always had something new to tell her, she admired his wit and she actually found herself laughing to his corny jokes.

They watched the sunrise together while she cooked their breakfast, and for the first time since she moved to Tagaytay she didn't feel alone at all.

RJ on the other hand, actually smiled without questioning himself. He was happy and light that talking to her was relaxing him.

"Kwento mo naman sakin kung bakit mas gusto mo mapag isa," He asked her,

Maine shrugged and took a sip from her coffee, "I don't want to bore you with my pathetic life story, let's just say I was betrayed by two people I once cared about the most, yun bestfriend ko at yun ex fiance ko,"

RJ raised an eyebrow, "Iyon couple kagabe?"

Maine shook her head, "No, no. My other bestfriend. Tatlo kami college bestfriends ni Patricia and si Lucifer- este, Lucy."

RJ chuckled at Maine's nickname. "Tapos, she went behind your back and slept with your fiancé ganun?"

"Yep,"

"Paano mo nalaman na may relasyon sila?" He held up a hand, "Sorry, I don't mean to pry. You don't have to answer that,"

She smiled weakly and made a face. "I don't want to talk about it anymore. Matagal na yun, and masaya na sila. But because of them, nawala yun tiwala ko sa mga tao. You know? Sariling bestfriend at mahal ko, ginago ako? Mas matindi yun impact diba? So to answer your first question on why I like to be alone: I don't like being alone, I just can't trust people anymore,"

RJ nodded, he understood her completely. They were similar, she was afraid of trusting people with the fear of getting betrayed once again while he was afraid of being close to people because he'd witnessed first hand how unpredictable life could be. He lost his mother at a very young age, death was envitable and it was one of the reasons why he chose to be a doctor- to try and prolong people's lives but he had long left everything to God's plans.

"I get you but ako? Do you trust me?"

"You saved my life twice, you at least deserve a spot," she giggled. He looked at her straight in the eyes and grinned.

"Alam mo, parang impossible na rin na di tayo maging magkaibigan eh. I mean we're neighbors tapos magiging kumare kita kay baby Zia,"

"Oo nga noh?" she giggled, sipping the last of her coffee. "Finish ka na kumain?" she asked him, he nodded and she took his plate from the table and went back inside.

RJ followed her, "Tulongan na kita,"

"It's OK, kaya ko na to RJ," she said, smiling. He ignored her and took the plates that she'd already put soap on and he was the one who rinsed it. She smiled at him, awkwardly when she realized how close they were being, his arms kept brushing against her and she could feel the electricity running through her body and she kept swallowing hoping he wouldn't notice the effect he had on her.

Keep it cool, Maine. Keep it cool! she kept telling herself.

"So...ano Maine?" he asked, looking at her as if waiting for an answer.

She looked up to him, surprised. She was too focused on acting cool with him beside him that she didn't realize he was talking to her and she didn't hear anything he'd said.