Chapter Seven.

Chapter Seven.

She found beauty in what others did not, and maybe that's why she grew so fond of him- E.Grin

-------------------------------------------------------

You know when they say that 'Curiosity is the lust of the mind'. The strong desire to know something, so strong that you can't stop thinking about it. Here I am, being curious about two things. One, Who is El and why did Charlotte say that I kind of look like El? Does she go to our school? I'm sure there's no El or Elaine or.. El. Moving on.

Two, Lucas broke up with Gabriella.
I was returning back from Chase's house and then I get a call from Lucas telling me that he ended things with Gabriella. They've been together since Sophomore and that's strange or its just me over analysing things as usual.

"Your boyfriend is at the door for you." Wren says as he enters my room. "I do not have a boyfriend. Who are you talking about?" I ask. "Go see for yourself." I take my pillow and throw it on his face before leaving to see whose at the door. Chase. "Hey, what you doing here?" I step outside and close the door. "You forgot this." He hands me my book. "Thank you. You could've given it to me tomorrow at school. It's just a book that I scribble things on." I say. "Yeah about how you thing that Paul Wesley is your future husband." He laughs. "Shut up." I'm sure my face is red right now.

"Hey Beth..and Chase." Lucas says as he comes out of the door that is between his and my house. The door that we've been using since we were kids. Chase gives him the head nod that these boys do. "I'll see you guys later then." Chase says as he walks away and I watch him speed off on his motorcycle. "What's up Luke?" I ask. "Well, I was wondering that we could have a movie night for old time's sake." I nod and we go to the home theatre.

"You never really told me why you broke up with Gabriella?" I ask him as I keep the junk food that I bought on the table. "Things never worked out between us." He shrugs as he plays 'The Dark Knight'. We watch the movie and talk about how things used to be when we were kids. Lucas, Ashley and I have been a trio since elementary, but Luke and I have been the closest. It's good to have your two best friends with you. These two are my life and know each and every thing about me. I'm lucky to have them by my side.

"Get off my sister." Wren screams which makes Luke jump away from me. "Wren stop screaming. What time is it?" I search for my phone which I can't seem to find. I have no idea when we fell asleep. "Next time I see that arm of yours around her. I will cut them off." Wren says as I roll my eyes. "When are you going back to Uni?" I ask. "Why? So you can have more of Netflix and chill?" Wren glares at Luke. "Shut up Wren. It's just Luke." I look at Luke whose face is pretty much red. Luke tells me that he will pick me up so that we could go to school together. I turn my attention towards Wren whose smirking. "Why do you always have to embarrass me front of my guy friends?" I glare at him. "Oh come on. You're my baby sister after all." Brothers, I tell you.

I go to my room and check my phone to see if I got any messages. Couple of them from Ashley telling me about Bryan and her. And then there's a text from Chase.

From: Chase

Maybe I dropped by just because I wanted to see you.

He is such a jerk. He really thinks that I'm so naive to fall for his crap? But he was just playing around right? That's who he is. He is Chase Bolton who is meant to be with girls like Rachel Carter. He is a player. He plays with everyone's feelings. He isn't being nice. That's all.

Why do I have this unsettling feeling inside? He just wanted to see me. Because I remind him of her, El. Whoever she is, I need to find out. I'm so curious to know about her.

"So I was wondering we could go shopping after school?" Ashley asks. "Um actually I have singing practice with Chase." I say. "You've been hanging a lot with that guy." Ashley smirks. "Ash, can you do me a favor?" I ask hesitantly. "Sure Hun. What's up?"
"Well, could you ask Bryan whose El? Make sure that you don't say that it's me whose asking about it okay?" I say. "Uh okay." Ashley looks at me skeptically. The bell rings signaling the first period.

Finally it's lunch break. Ashley, Bryan, Luke and I take our lunch and sit at usual table. Most of the jocks aren't sitting with us today and I do not have any idea about that maybe cause what happened with the Bitch Cheerleader last time. "So, who is El?" Ashley asked Bryan. I kicked her underneath the table and give her a look which says 'not now'. Bryan is shocked more like a child caught while stealing candies. "Eleanor Sullivan, she was.. The.. Girl who left when we were in Sophomore and you guys were about to join Freshman." He says like he is unsure of what he is saying.

"What has she got to do with Chase?" Ashley asked. Ashley Woods, calm down woman. She's straightforward and that's a good thing but not at such situations. Bryan looks at me. "It's not my place to tell. You should ask Chase." He says. Lucas notices the tensions and says, "Let's start eating." Bryan sighs in relief. What happened with Eleanor Sullivan?

"We should go to the office. You know how close I am to Ms.Harper. I'm sure she will help us know about Eleanor." Ashley suggests. I give her a look. "Don't give me that look missy. I know you've been dying to know who she is." I sigh. "Lead the way." I tell her.

"Hey Ms.Harper." Ashley greets her. "Oh! Woods and Jones it's good to see you two. What can I do for you?" She smiles. "I was wondering whether you could tell us about Eleanor Sullivan." I ask politely. "Oh! How can you forget Eleanor. She was one of the best and popular students here at Eastwood High. Being the captain of the cheerleader team, She was the only girl who could maintain a high GPA. She left at the end of her Freshman year due to some reasons which are confidential. I hope that's enough." She says. I nod. "Let's go to class or else we will be late." Ashley says as she drags me out of the office.

The rest of the day was pretty much boring. I get a text from Chase telling me that he booked the Music Room for us and we could practice today. I enter the class to see that Chase isn't here yet. I go towards the piano and play a song that I've recently been working on. "That's pretty good." I turned to see Chase at the door with his arms folded. It makes him look, hot. What the hell am I thinking? I clear my throat. "We should start." I say.

"We've been practicing a lot and you're doing good. Let's a take a break now." Chase says as he sits down on the chair. Should I ask him about Eleanor? I mean She is a great girl according to Ms.Harper. I still don't know anything about her besides her being a great student. "Chase, can I ask you something?" I ask hesitantly. "You already did." I roll my eyes. "Who is Eleanor Sullivan?" I ask. He jumps out of the chair and comes so close towards me and pins me to the wall. "Who told you about her?" His eyes get darker and I can't recognise this boy who is standing in front of me. Suddenly it feels like the air is sucked out of my lungs and I can't breathe. He waits for me to say something. "I was just curious.."  "That's none of your business." He says coldly and walks out of the class.

What just happened?

---------------------------------------------------
A/N:

Picture of Lucas is attached.
I know it's been a long time since I updated.
Sorry for the typos.
Please Vote and Comment.
Thank you❤️
-YourNerdRhea xx